Wanna see some bushings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not counterfeit, they came from Autozone. The NNBS may have originally come with bearings made by Timken but they are now made by SKF.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but just because parts come from a major retailer like Autozone it doesn’t mean they’re not counterfeit. The auto parts world is flush with the fake parts. They’re coming from more and more places especially right now. With the supply chain issues, companies are buying parts from outside their normal channels in an attempt to keep things on their shelves. To have not one but 3 hubs get loose in 6 months is not right for Timken hubs especially. That sounds like more cheap Chinese knockoff results than Timken. I would be willing to bet they were counterfeit. The number of people who have had an issue with Timken hubs on this forum is almost nil. But 3 out of 4 on one vehicle? Hmmm.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SRX is not an NNBS and this was at least 5 years ago.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few things:
The belltech 15002 coilovers are a minimum of 1" drop. The site I purchased from said 0-3. Hopefully with the spindles drop this won't be too low in front now.

They also scratch if you look at them sideways.

They also come from the box, not even close to any of their recommended heights. They are like 133mm out of the box and the 1" drop is 186mm from base to bottom shackle. I thought I could get ahead and adjust beforehand but a 50mm swing is not happening. MacStrut compression tool is too small for the beefcake spring so not going to chance it popping off trying to compress the f out of the spring to get that collar up 50mm. Ugh

That's a whole lot of spring compression to get to what they list as the max ride height.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to think Belltech was top notch but I really do not think so any more. I bought the 753 knuckle and rear spring lowering kit for both of mine and have since changed most of it out for other brands.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to think Belltech was top notch but I really do not think so any more. I bought the 753 knuckle and rear spring lowering kit for both of mine and have since changed most of it out for other brands.
The insult to injury is the instructions state to start at a high setting and lower from there after installed. Mother fkers u have the opportunity to just send them that way, or at least close, but no.

I get that 50mm is only like 2" but that fking collar is impossible to move that much as-is. I built a mount brace out of 2x4 and still couldn't get that collar where it needed to be...it just straight stopped entirely at one point. I got one collar up 5.5mm and said f it.

I really hope the shop can do what needs to be done. I have a feeling I'll be getting a call and having to go a different route.

Would like to keep things adjustable so probably a different set of adjustable coilovers...

I too think I'll be swapping out the belltech stuff in the rear at least.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into the Viking coilover kit that Atomic Fab sells. I only had them on my truck for a few days but I was pretty pleased with them. I only took them back off because there was a misunderstanding when I ordered them and they were too short so it lowered my truck more when I wanted it to stay where it was.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shop already called, "if I raise these coilovers up to the 1" drop height highlighted on the directions, your front end is going to sit way higher than it was. It would suck to go through all this and have them not be the right height."

Yes, yes it would. Hopefully it's easier to lower than it was to raise...I feel like the 2" spindles and the 1" from the CO'S is a good starting point. But I sure don't like how much the spring compresses to get up to 1" (have I mentioned that? Lol)

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: shop calls and says, "hey those coilovers are fked up. The one is cross threaded, which is why it wouldn't adjust any higher" we can try to take it apart and see what we can do but we might need another option"

Well, I don't have any spares laying around so no idea what I would need to go buy in order to get it right. Probably just get ***** for oem ones at their price until i can get different ones...roll with the gasser look for a bit. Also try to get a refund for the pos belltechs that had no QC.

Maybe I can calm down first...

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well final update on this. Everything got on, had to wait an extra day because the alignment hardware was broken and the guy didn't check before putting it all back together lol. I am going to give him a pass because the lead up to that point was a train wreck.

We ended up dropping the front 1.5 on the coilovers along with the 2"spindle. Still a bit high but hopefully will settle. I may go another full inch front/back next time...I'll call atomic at that point.

We also found out the previous owner notched the frame to get the uca aligned properly lol. Just a solid, solid example of craftsmanship.

Speaking of, I cannot recommend Belltech coilovers at all. The ride is much better, but the old setup along with the notching and old bushings, it really wasn't much of a bar to get over.

These things were a disaster on multiple levels of QC fails. Way off out of the box on level, crossthreading, super scratch prone, the smallest Allen head set-screw ever and it was seemingly impacted on...

All of it; never again.

I'll update on the lca/uca, etc after winter.

Thanks to everyone for going through this with me and all your suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879