Wanna see some bushings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want to supercharge it but it just isn't the right platform...I'd need a trans and all the engine support to go with FI...that's a tall and expensive task especially as I couldn't do the work myself. Oh well, I've never been one to talk myself out of of bad idea and its good to have stretch goals haha
Eh, I installed my Whipple myself on my 02 Denali, then a cam and longtubes. I hadn’t really done any of that before so I had no experience. Of course I quickly blew up my 4l60 and bought a really nice unit from www.Performabuilt.com rated for 800 HP and installed that. All in all everything has been reliable with the exception of the trans which turned out to be my fault both times I did the 1500 mile required service- I used RTV on the pan gasket which plugged the servo drain holes which caused them to not release and exploded the hard parts. They covered it under warranty both times over a 2 1/2 year span and finally figured out what was happening. Long post, but I just wanted you to know if you want it, it’s possible. I’m over 60 and did all the work in my driveway. But the thing is a friggin blast to drive. If you wanna see all I’ve done, there’s a link to my build thread at the bottom of this post. If it’s not there, rotate your device.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According the Tony, the DJM arms reduce turning radius.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to do the hubs too, why not at this point. Anyone have an opinion on the Mevo Titan XF hub assembly vs AC Delco? I know, I know, search (I will) and/or OEM is the best (it IS possible someone improved a hardpart that was designed decades ago, just checking).

Thanks...finally about ready to get these things on...after hubs get here

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the OEM or SKF.
Yeah I was reading on the skf hubs (BR930661) and their marketing talk seemed more snake oil than quality. But they do have a solid reputation.
Most of us go with Timken hubs.
I thought that just for the NBS years.

Hmmm. Still reading...might just go ACD on this one to satisfy 91rs lol

Surprised no one said Detroit axle, but maybe that's just name recognition for me.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Detroit Axle is cheap junk that will most likely cause a wheel to fall off while you’re driving. It happened to a member here. Timken is an OEM supplier for GM and not just for NBS. If you buy an AC Delco OEM it’s most likely made by Timken. I haven’t heard anything bad about SKF.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Detroit Axle is cheap junk that will most likely cause a wheel to fall off while you’re driving. It happened to a member here. Timken is an OEM supplier for GM and not just for NBS. If you buy an AC Delco OEM it’s most likely made by Timken. I haven’t heard anything bad about SKF.
Why does Detroit axle stick out in my head? Perhaps I'm correlating Detroit axle and Detroit locker in my head because of "detroit" and underbody car parts...

Either way, I bought the cheapest pair of hubs I could find off ebay. Gotta save money somewhere...........just kidding.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SKF has been the OEM supplier for the last few years. I won't buy Timken any more, I put three of them on the 2007 SRX I had (a vehicle common for loose wheel bearings) and two of the three were loose again in 6 months so I bought OEM.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SKF has been the OEM supplier for the last few years. I won't buy Timken any more, I put three of them on the 2007 SRX I had (a vehicle common for loose wheel bearings) and two of the three were loose again in 6 months so I bought OEM.
That’s the first I’ve heard of a Timken going bad. Might have been counterfeits. By the last few years, what do you mean? For the k2xx ? AFAIK for the NNBS they’re Timkens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n