Wanna see some bushings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a light clunk that started up front. Found the driver front wheel bearing to be on its way out. But, while in there...I MIGHT want to replace some of these lol

I didn't see a single one that wasn't severely cracked. At least the front coilovers look fine...oh wait. It's actually worse than it looks

I didn't find anything noticeably loose on either side. However, if I'm fair, if I were to attempt to apply any sort of leverage whilst in an awkward position, my lower back would look like a cat fighting to get out of a paper bag due to the ricochetting discs.

Anyone have a mass bushing kit to recommend? "But which ones do u need?" U ask. "Yes." Is the answer.20211023_151123.jpg20211023_151205.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a light clunk that started up front. Found the driver front wheel bearing to be on its way out. But, while in there...I MIGHT want to replace some of these lol

I didn't see a single one that wasn't severely cracked. At least the front coilovers look fine...oh wait. It's actually worse than it looks

I didn't find anything noticeably loose on either side. However, if I'm fair, if I were to attempt to apply any sort of leverage whilst in an awkward position, my lower back would look like a cat fighting to get out of a paper bag due to the ricochetting discs.

Anyone have a mass bushing kit to recommend? "But which ones do u need?" U ask. "Yes." Is the answer.View attachment 353511View attachment 353512
How many miles? I took a poll a while back and the average came back to about 160K miles for when the control arms, ball joints and bushings need replacing, or after about 10 years. And guess what? We did the whole kaboodle at 11 years and 160K miles. Rebuilt the struts with all new parts as well.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles? I took a poll a while back and the average came back to about 160K miles for when the control arms, ball joints and bushings need replacing, or after about 10 years. And guess what? We did the whole kaboodle at 11 years and 160K miles. Rebuilt the struts with all new parts as well.

Gotta love it when a plan comes together. I'm close to 140k. It's lowered 3/5ish and I tow close to capacity so I'll just blame that for the "expedited" deterioration rate.

Hopefully I can find some good vendors and quality (non counterfeit) bushings for another 60k outta ol' Hector here

Last edited:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No bushings are sold separate. Buy new OEM GM arms front and rear and a new panhard bar. Makes a huge difference.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No bushings are sold separate. Buy new OEM GM arms front and rear and a new panhard bar. Makes a huge difference.
Even with it being lowered you'd go oem arms?

I suppose if I'm replacing the control arms I probably don't have much for excuses for not doing a spindle drop at that point.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At ~145k miles, I just replaced my struts, coil springs, upper and lower control arms (which include all bushings and the ball joints), and the sway bar and connecting rods and bushings. Now, I don't need to be concerned about wear on any of those parts.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or, instead of spindle, maybe go with a djm drop control arm set (or another reputable company)...maybe could ditch the belltech coilovers at that point...not sure...maybe both the bt coilovers and the djm control arms...

I'm replacing the sway bushings and endlinks regardless.

I've got some reading to do; but feel free to chime in for those with lowered machines

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with it being lowered you'd go oem arms?

I suppose if I'm replacing the control arms I probably don't have much for excuses for not doing a spindle drop at that point.

Yes. I did a 2/3 with knuckles. I didn’t want it slammed because they drive and ride like crap slammed. Tony told me a long time ago the DJM arms reduce the steering radius but I never bothered to verify that elsewhere.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone recommend the Mevotech brand on Rock Auto? The Oem LCA's are out of stock on that site, so I don't trust others that say they have stock. Anyway, I have a cart filled with Moog right now but they have a good kit for the Mevotech with the inner/outer endlinks too.

I'll search the site too, just wanted to check. I'll stick with the Moog ck stuff. Not enough info on those mevo's to really make the call and feel good about it.

Dumb question: do I need new coil spring seats and insulators with the belltech coilovers?

Last edited:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy aftermarket. They just don't last like the OEM do. A guy I work with put aftermarket on his Yukon and half of it was loose again 6 months later so he used OEM the second time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE