Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of days ago my daugter comes home and tells me the check engine light is on. Checking the DTCs P0521 00 and P0523 00 come up, the gauge is reading zero. Use the Tech2 to sweep the cluster gauges, all is well there. Check the oil pressure on Tech-2 and it is reading -129 psi. Time for a new sensor.

2 different part numbers come up all across the internet. 12673134 and 55488247. I pop the hood to see if I can tell the which one it is but no, can't even get my hand back there in my present condition. So both are ordered.

I enlisted the aid of my daughter's boyfriend and we, meaning he, took the intake off and we swapped out the sensor, 12673134. No screen underneath this L9H motor. Cleaned everything up, including the throttle body and replaced the pretty clean WIX filter for an ACDelco high capacity and put her back together again. Took a moment for the oil pressure to register and then used our phone app to clear the codes. All is well.

Test drive was great. She roasts the tires with ease. Gotta love these 6.2s!

Reaction score
Couple of days ago my daugter comes home and tells me the check engine light is on. Checking the DTCs P0521 00 and P0523 00 come up, the gauge is reading zero. Use the Tech2 to sweep the cluster gauges, all is well there. Check the oil pressure on Tech-2 and it is reading -129 psi. Time for a new sensor.

2 different part numbers come up all across the internet. 12673134 and 55488247. I pop the hood to see if I can tell the which one it is but no, can't even get my hand back there in my present condition. So both are ordered.

I enlisted the aid of my daughter's boyfriend and we, meaning he, took the intake off and we swapped out the sensor, 12673134. No screen underneath this L9H motor. Cleaned everything up, including the throttle body and replaced the pretty clean WIX filter for an ACDelco high capacity and put her back together again. Took a moment for the oil pressure to register and then used our phone app to clear the codes. All is well.

Test drive was great. She roasts the tires with ease. Gotta love these 6.2s!
What was the difference between the two part numbers, the top shape of the electrical connection?

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not much has been done to the Yukon between the last big project and now.

I bought new Stabilus struts for the back glass. Soon as I took one off the glass fell and the shock crashed into my temple and head. That was fun.

We replaced the driver's side exhaust gasket, manifold bolts, nuts and the o-ring seal. Now the car starts up smooth and is not cranky anymore. We did not find the old o-ring seal between the Y-pipe and exhaust manifold, guess the last guy left it out.

We finally took down the transmission pan and replaced the filter and pickup tube seal.

When I say "we" I really mean my daughter Julia and her boyfriend who is an ASE certified mechanic and lover of all things Cummins diesels.

Transmission fluid at 183,999 miles was dark red after 3 years and 30,461 miles and 1,016 engine hours. Transmission OLM was at 82%.

And as promised, here are photos of the filter:

20230319_191355.jpg20230319_191401.jpg20230319_191408.jpg

Very clean with some shiny flakes of metal (presumably aluminum) in the filter. The magnet was full of course, no chunks or large flakes of metal. We forgot to take a photo before cleaning it. We replaced the transmission oil pan gasket with a new one. The original stuck to the pan and got misshaped during removal.

Put about 25 miles on it since including a WOT from stop and she runs like a top.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, about a week ago, my other future son-in-law backed into my truck:

20230308_153753.jpg20230308_153758.jpg

Grrrr!!!

Pretty sure a PDR guy can fix the fender and then the bumper will fit back into place. Unfortunately, the paint on the cover cracked and will have to be painted. Suggestions or comments appreciated!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, about a week ago, my other future son-in-law backed into my truck:

View attachment 394869View attachment 394870

Grrrr!!!

Pretty sure a PDR guy can fix the fender and then the bumper will fit back into place. Unfortunately, the paint on the cover cracked and will have to be painted. Suggestions or comments appreciated!
Your former future son-in-law?