Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand the concept of bed liners--to protect the body and paint in the bed, but it seems they cause more damage then protection most times. I always thought they'd move around back there--scratching up the paint in the bed. If I had a pickup, I'd get a spray in liner.
Maybe you can feather out those scratches and dust in the new paint using the spray can.

We did complete the paint repair on the outside of the bed today and Jaime went around with the pen filling in the rock chips and I used the rattle can on those unsightly ones. Came out pretty good with 2 or 3 light coats. Tomorrow we'll polish it, the bed rail protectors do not cover the front damage completely so I went to spend a little more time making them look good.

We've grown used to bed liners and the kids do not like the spray kind. They spend more time back their hanging out with friends than hauling mulch right now.

I'm going to leave the bed bare for a while and then will probably get another GM liner. Will also get another Truxedo roll up tonneau cover, this way both trucks will match.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
We did complete the paint repair on the outside of the bed today and Jaime went around with the pen filling in the rock chips and I used the rattle can on those unsightly ones. Came out pretty good with 2 or 3 light coats. Tomorrow we'll polish it, the bed rail protectors do not cover the front damage completely so I went to spend a little more time making them look good.

We've grown used to bed liners and the kids do not like the spray kind. They spend more time back their hanging out with friends than hauling mulch right now.

I'm going to leave the bed bare for a while and then will probably get another GM liner. Will also get another Truxedo roll up tonneau cover, this way both trucks will match.
You could also try to wet sand once it dries to smooth out the touch ups. Will make it smoother.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, our friend's daughter went home to be with the Lord. She was killed in a car crash when the Tesla she was riding in crashed into a Chrysler at triple digit speeds. The impact ripped the drivetrain out of the Pacifica and its engine landed 280 feet away. All four people involved perished.

If you know the Lord, please pray for the families and friends who are grieving for the deceased, including my wife and daughters.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is heartbreaking.
I know, she was one of those whose smile was infectious and lit up the room. Our children grew up and went to school together at our church's academy. She will be mourned and missed. We take comfort in the fact she made a biblical profession of faith and is with the Lord in heaven now.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I know, she was one of those whose smile was infectious and lit up the room. Our children grew up and went to school together at our church's academy. She will be mourned and missed. We take comfort in the fact she made a biblical profession of faith and is with the Lord in heaven now.
She must have completed her mission. She can be counted blessed to be with Him now.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, our friend's daughter went home to be with the Lord. She was killed in a car crash when the Tesla she was riding in crashed into a Chrysler at triple digit speeds. The impact ripped the drivetrain out of the Pacifica and its engine landed 280 feet away. All four people involved perished.

If you know the Lord, please pray for the families and friends who are grieving for the deceased, including my wife and daughters.

Aw, James - this is awful. It's hard to think about this and not think of losing our own daughter in an accident. We would be heartsick and would probably never get over it. Arms around their family. Prayers too.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the first time in a year the Yukon took on E85 tonight. At 71 mph on the highway the alcohol content settled in at 64% and the mpgs were had climbed to almost 17 by the time I made it to bible study. Hit some traffic on the way home and pulled into the driveway at 15 mpg on E85. Not a bad first impression.

The LTFTs zeroed out at speed, timing was 35-37 degrees, just smooth sailing. The ride was really nice too. For 13 years old she still rides great even with those old body bushings.

Finally dropped Sonoma Rose, our 2013 GMC Sierra, off at the GMC dealership for the bedside repair and bumper replacement. Going to put that one on E85 too when we get it back.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the first time in a year the Yukon took on E85 tonight. At 71 mph on the highway the alcohol content settled in at 64% and the mpgs were had climbed to almost 17 by the time I made it to bible study. Hit some traffic on the way home and pulled into the driveway at 15 mpg on E85. Not a bad first impression.

The LTFTs zeroed out at speed, timing was 35-37 degrees, just smooth sailing. The ride was really nice too. For 13 years old she still rides great even with those old body bushings.

Finally dropped Sonoma Rose, our 2013 GMC Sierra, off at the GMC dealership for the bedside repair and bumper replacement. Going to put that one on E85 too when we get it back.

What is the benefit of running E85? I don't think it's ever been available near me, so I've never really thought about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts