Upper Control Arms Hitting stops After Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Well if you drop the lower control arms with some brackets that will stress the uppers more. Need a picture of your UCAs/LCAs and spindles all shown in one picture. I'm thinking you would just get some UCAs made for lifts and crank away to level it.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you drop the lower control arms with some brackets that will stress the uppers more. Need a picture of your UCAs/LCAs and spindles all shown in one picture. I'm thinking you would just get some UCAs made for lifts and crank away to level it.

True that makes sense. I will get some pics possibly today. I'm really loving my 4" and the ride. I just wanted to know my other options if I want higher in the future.

470 for those arms cognito has a ridiculous. I believe ready lift makes some arms that look of better quality.

Really from what I can tell my arms are the only thing limiting me right now. I'm happy with my 4" as u don't need spacers in the rear.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yeah get some pics up and I can help. FTS sells them at $450 also RCX sells them around $250-300. I know both of those brands are better quality then ready lift. Yours looks great now and think you could go up a little more in the front as needed.

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So when it comes to upper control arms I don't know what to look for exactly. Can someone point me in the right direction? I want something that will give me decent down travel again while still getting a good amount of height from the 3" keys. I can still hear a lot of clunking on the drivers side after lowering it a bit. I included a picture of how the drivers side sits now. I'm looking for affordable ones

IMAG00352.jpg

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
They are lift control arms. Works for any height just designed to have better ball joints for cranked keys. Notice the curve on one side of the arm. That gives more ride height angles.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Pretty sure they fit the 00-06 also. Maybe a little searching on the web to confirm. Will do some checking tomorrow

OP
OP
Justinj360

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the picture I posted what is the plate on top of the stop for? It seems like if I removed that my clunking issue would go away. I haven't gotten around to getting new UCAs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE