3" keys but aftermarket uppers hitting stops?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlope

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'd like to share my build with you, and ask you a question.

I wanted a small lift, so I decided for a 3" torsion key lift. I also got new shocks all around, and a 3" spacer for the back. I also bought some KSP uppers in hopes to fix the ball joint angle.

I'm running into the problem of my new uppers hitting the stops. With the 3" keys cranked down 3/4 of the way, the uppers are resting completely on the UCA stops.

I'm not sure what I should do here. Can anyone recommend a different set of uppers that would fix this? I need the keys cranked 3/4 of the way for tire clearance. I bought new rims and tires, and with the -24 offset I have to have the keys cranked 3/4 for proper clearance.

Lift spindles aren't offered for the 4x4 and I really don't want to cut off the stops. It seems like my only option is a different set of UCA's but I'm feeling discouraged after already buying a aftermarket pair.

Anyway, thanks in advance! I'll share some pics of the problem, and my build below! Thanks for all yall do here!

Ps: Don't laugh at me, I've only paint corrected the driver side. It's a lot of work! This vehicle sat for over 7 years under pine trees..

Attachments

• 20231010_085502.jpg
    20231010_085502.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20231010_092531.jpg
    20231010_092531.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20231010_092617.jpg
    20231010_092617.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 4

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

OP
OP
C

Carlope

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Carlope Cut it off so it isn't in the way, that's what I did with the white Tahoe in my picture.
Looks like that's what I'll be doing. I reached out to freedom offroad today, and they said their UCA's will do the same thing. It's a common problem in these, and everyone just cuts them. As long as I'm not doing major off-roading he said I'll be fine.

I was trying to avoid that, but apparently it's my only option if I want to stay in this 3" lift range, which I do. 6" seems like too much for my liking!

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Carlope I wouldn't consider this a problem as much as a direct result of a modification. People cut the droop stop off all the time, just like people trim their fender liners to prevent their larger tires from rubbing.

Mine has been cut for a long time and I have no problems on or off road

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts