6" lift with 2-4" lift upper control arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

76Nick

Reaction score
So here is my situation and question. I have an 03 Tahoe Z71 with a 3" torsion key lift. I Installed a set of 2-4" lift control arms to improve ride quality a bit and help spare my ball joints. Obviously it still rides like crap because its a torsion lift. I am thinking about putting on an actual 6" Rough Country lift.

The question I have is can I use those 2-4" control arms or do I have to go buy a set of regular oem control arms? I know everything gets dropped down with a real lift kit so I am looking to see if anyone has arms like this with a 6" lift and was able to have camber adjusted correctly? Thanks guys!

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be fine the 6” in front is just the 4” kit cranked 2” so should be no problem.

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
Should be fine the 6” in front is just the 4” kit cranked 2” so should be no problem.
I didn't realize that. So basically you're telling me it's still gonna ride like crap

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I didn't realize that. So basically you're telling me it's still gonna ride like crap
It shouldn’t ride horrible as long as your shocks and front end are all good.
Going with the lift you can “uncrank” your torsion keys and get a smoother ride but still have the lift your wanting

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It shouldn’t ride horrible as long as your shocks and front end are all good.
Going with the lift you can “uncrank” your torsion keys and get a smoother ride but still have the lift your wanting

This.

OP
OP
76Nick

76Nick

Reaction score
Ok good. I replaced everything front end wise but the pitman and lower control arms so I should be ok.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660