[Update 8/23] 04 Suburban 1500 - SOLD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds amazing in the videos, I cam't even imagine in person. Great job.

Pretty cool young fella! Watch that volume as someday your invincibility will go away leaving you with tinnitus. BTDT got tinnitus. Be careful.

My secret retirement plan. Invest in hearing aid companies. Speakers are only gonna get louder:deal:

Yeah I've never ran either of these brand speakers (American Bass or Tang Bamboo) but they have really good sound quality.

My last Tahoe setup was peaky and the tweeters were really harsh, so I'm glad I have something better sounding this time.

I think I already have the beginning signs of tinnitus TBH, sometimes in empty rooms or while trying to fall asleep I'll just hear ringing.

That's the price you pay sometimes.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I already have the beginning signs of tinnitus TBH, sometimes in empty rooms or while trying to fall asleep I'll just hear ringing.

Mine started that way, it would go away or not be noticeable. Now it's like trying to hear the world while standing next to an F-4 Phantom, very very loud. My father got it in his 60s, I've got it in my 40s. Rock music, jet engines, drag racing, cannon fire and shooting/hunting have taken their toll. Protect those ears.

captainmoury

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stock
37A456E4-032C-436C-BEFD-686231C4F1B8.jpegWith 2’ leveling kit on front only 5FDB5751-8311-44EE-8E12-6EF96EC57FC3.jpegtoyos RT 285/75/16 59935C28-0E70-4FA7-95BF-83E32A4104F3.jpeg Here my experience changing tires.
My tahoe its a 2004 LS 4wd
I did put leveling kit on front 2’ and nothing on back. Motometal rims 16x8
With toyos RT 285/75/16. I went with this set up cause it’s cheaper than biggest rims and tires
Heres some pic of before and after, since I couldn’t find too much info about this specific set of tires and rims on the internet.
Mine does not rub at all, not trimming was necessary.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here my experience changing tires.
My tahoe its a 2004 LS 4wd
I did put leveling kit on front 2’ and nothing on back. Motometal rims 16x8
With toyos RT 285/75/16. I went with this set up cause it’s cheaper than biggest rims and tires
Heres some pic of before and after, since I couldn’t find too much info about this specific set of tires and rims on the internet.
Mine does not rub at all, not trimming was necessary.

@captainmoury why would ypubpost this is someone else's build thread,

lol I don't mind it

I'm considering lifting / leveling / etc so it helps :)

right now I've got these Hummer H3 rims with 26 positive offset, so I rub a little full tilt

yesterday I had 12 people in the car, which weighed it down a bit, and I rubbed on every single little bump

so I'm looking into options now

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
lol I don't mind it

I'm considering lifting / leveling / etc so it helps :)

right now I've got these Hummer H3 rims with 26 positive offset, so I rub a little full tilt

yesterday I had 12 people in the car, which weighed it down a bit, and I rubbed on every single little bump

so I'm looking into options now
Did it rub in the front or rear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan