HansJr 05 Bermuda Blue Build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is
110% def helps @Fosscore!!! Thanks! Gonna probably give them a call. Just want something decently backed since the wind here is pretty intense sometimes being so close to the sawgrass. You said yours had good material on the inside?

Yes it a dense, but breathable fleece-like material. But not fluffy, if you will. It is soft, durable, dries quickly after rains and holds up well to the UV. After a while anything left in the UV for too long takes its beating, but I was very happy to have that on to protect from the aforementioned reasons.

I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose to protect from the UV, rain, bugs, birds and be able to tie it down, especially the front and rear. There is elastic but the you know the winds find a way to flip that up and over time the elastic gets a bit loose. But the custom cut around the mirrors and snug to the body contour is really a great touch. Even for a big SUV.

I think you will be happy with whatever one you choose.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You ever felt so busy that you just don’t have time for ANYTHING. :mad3: Yeah that’s been me since the last post in this thread.

Felt froggy today. Decided to pull the front and swap over the top pad. Going to my buddies house tomorrow morning to cut and reweld the bumper supports. Only took about a year and a half, but progress is progress lol. I’ll post up once it’s completed. Then next comes paint finally. I also think it took me longer to type this post than to pull the bumper and swap over the HD Pad :party36:

IMG_2858.jpeg

IMG_2861.jpeg

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember - Progress not perfection. Yeah, I feel you on the NO TIME FOR ANYTHING days. 5 young kids, multiple jobs, and WAYYYY to many hobbies will do that. Hard work, Trust, and following Him = doing what we're suppose to while we're here. The rest just follows. Still like how it's coming along. What are you doing for the Bermuda paint? Thinking of getting a few gallons myself or blasting it and redoing the whole thing in a new flip-flop candy here..

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You ever felt so busy that you just don’t have time for ANYTHING. :mad3: Yeah that’s been me since the last post in this thread.

Felt froggy today. Decided to pull the front and swap over the top pad. Going to my buddies house tomorrow morning to cut and reweld the bumper supports. Only took about a year and a half, but progress is progress lol. I’ll post up once it’s completed. Then next comes paint finally. I also think it took me longer to type this post than to pull the bumper and swap over the HD Pad :party36:

View attachment 411072

View attachment 411073
Looks good. Patience is ok too. Finished product will be sweet.

Did you paint the radiator supports black before you buttoned it up?

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember - Progress not perfection. Yeah, I feel you on the NO TIME FOR ANYTHING days. 5 young kids, multiple jobs, and WAYYYY to many hobbies will do that. Hard work, Trust, and following Him = doing what we're suppose to while we're here. The rest just follows. Still like how it's coming along. What are you doing for the Bermuda paint? Thinking of getting a few gallons myself or blasting it and redoing the whole thing in a new flip-flop candy here..
Now that the front end is done I plan on getting the entire Tahoe resprayed in due time. May possibly be moving to Georgia here soon, so not sure where that’s going to rank on importance as of right now tho…

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Patience is ok too. Finished product will be sweet.

Did you paint the radiator supports black before you buttoned it up?
No. I have to pull it all back apart for the little tid bits so I plan on doing it then. I did spray the mounting horns tho. I need to get some pics in the morning tho and post them. Looks good so far!

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never did post the before and after pics. So here it is in the rough stage. Didn’t realize all the tabs on the donor bumper were trashed. Also needed the correct spacers. So for now I drilled and put a bolt in each side to hold up the pad. New one just arrived. Gonna swap the pad on Monday and add the spacers I made at work for the lower bracket to align it correctly. All in all I think it came out good. Lines up nicely.

Also going to mod the depo projector lights I bought last year and swap my oem brackets on there since everyone says it makes them more stable. Slowly but surely im adding the parts I’ve had laying around here for a while now

IMG_2856.jpeg

IMG_2891.jpeg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never did post the before and after pics. So here it is in the rough stage. Didn’t realize all the tabs on the donor bumper were trashed. Also needed the correct spacers. So for now I drilled and put a bolt in each side to hold up the pad. New one just arrived. Gonna swap the pad on Monday and add the spacers I made at work for the lower bracket to align it correctly. All in all I think it came out good. Lines up nicely.

Also going to mod the depo projector lights I bought last year and swap my oem brackets on there since everyone says it makes them more stable. Slowly but surely im adding the parts I’ve had laying around here for a while now

View attachment 412144

View attachment 412145
Yeah that’s looking great!!

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Just swapped out the headlights with the Depot projectors and new lower blinker/DRL housings as well. The last set broke when the radiator blew out. Waiting till I go to work tonight to see the difference in the lighting. Also added the LED license plate lights. I didn’t swap the oem brackets onto the depot lights yet tho. Gonna see how well they ride on the highway. If they move at all I’ll pull them off and swap out the brackets. Will update night shots later.

Also got the brand new bumper pad installed and aligned. Slowly but surely it’s coming around.

IMG_3383.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks. Just swapped out the headlights with the Depot projectors and new lower blinker/DRL housings as well. The last set broke when the radiator blew out. Waiting till I go to work tonight to see the difference in the lighting. Also added the LED license plate lights. I didn’t swap the oem brackets onto the depot lights yet tho. Gonna see how well they ride on the highway. If they move at all I’ll pull them off and swap out the brackets. Will update night shots later.

Also got the brand new bumper pad installed and aligned. Slowly but surely it’s coming around.

View attachment 412982
Looks great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14