[Update 8/23] 04 Suburban 1500 - SOLD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol I don't mind it

I'm considering lifting / leveling / etc so it helps :)

right now I've got these Hummer H3 rims with 26 positive offset, so I rub a little full tilt

yesterday I had 12 people in the car, which weighed it down a bit, and I rubbed on every single little bump

so I'm looking into options now

12 people!!!! I don't think I know 12 people I would want in my car let alone all at once lol

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it rub in the front or rear?

When I turn too sharply, it rubs in the front.

When I hit large bumps, it rubs in the rear.

12 people!!!! I don't think I know 12 people I would want in my car let alone all at once lol

My grandparents were over, so we had

myself, mom, dad, sister, sister's boyfriend, grandma, grandpa, my girlfriend, and 4 little cousins stuffed in the back XD

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here was what happened today.

I had bought 0.25" spacers, which should've fixed my offset problem, but when they arrived, of course they didn't come anywhere close to fitting.

IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1075.JPG

so whatever, sent the seller a message on eBay, got a full refund and got to keep the useless paper weights

what was weird is this was the seller's only item they've ever sold, and they've sold thousands, and had zero negative feedback.

sooo how did other people make it work? we'll never know!

--------------------

When I bought the suburban, the rear breaks were squeaking a bit, but I didn't have time to do it early on since I had a ton of other stuff I prioritized (probably incorrectly)

so after owning it a month and putting 4200 miles on it, it was time for a break change

IMG_1090.JPG

check out that bottom one lol

----------------------------------------

we also usually do seafoam treatments as soon as we get vehicles, but it too got pushed off.

so here's a video of it, and you can also hear the Flowmaster 40 exhaust a bit.

wasn't nearly as much smoke as my last 2 vehicles had.

----------------------------------------

since I removed the running boards, you could see the frame, which was all rusted out

IMG_1093.JPG

so I hit that with some plasti-dip. didn't take any more up close pictures

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brush guard also keeps rusting through, so this time I tried plasti-dip instead of bedliner, thinking maybe that would help prevent future rust? dunno, it was worth a try.

dad bet me $20 it would work, but I don't have faith in plasti-dip having a magical ability to prevent rust.

IMG_1094.JPG

and here's how it looks now

IMG_1098.JPG
IMG_1099.JPG
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG

I had also purchased Tow Mirrors for the Tahoe, but since it was an '02 and this is an '04, the OEM wiring didn't line up.

In 2000 - 2002, the mirrors have the harness right at the mirror itself, so you just have to remove one small trim piece that's held in with clips, and then you can plug and play.

In 2003 - 2006, the mirrors have the harness inside the mirrors themselves, and then a long run of wire that has to be snaked through the door panel and into the back of the armrest area.

I could get into wiring diagrams and splicing and stuff, but I think I'll just sell them and pick up the proper mirrors.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I don't have to worry about going deaf, for a little bit more anyways :p

Had about a 2,000 mile road trip with the girlfriend and realized that these doors are really only competition style, because they're so loud I can never play them without cops getting called.

At 7/38 volume on the head unit, I can hear the music loud and clear with all the windows rolled down and doing 85 MPH.

so some guy offered me $2,000 for the panels alone (no speakers) and I'll be delivering them to him in Ohio tomorrow

IMG_1330.JPG

IMG_1331.JPG

Threw two 6.5" SoundQubed in there for now.

Deciding what I wanna do next for sounds...

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the way back from Ohio I got pulled over for tint for the first time.

Cop was cool and let me go with a verbal warning.:cool:

Then I bought this Chevy Silverado 2500 for $900 lol.

IMG_1351.JPG

So it's going to become my new audio vehicle to beat the piss out of, and I'll be making the Suburban a full time daily + road trip monster.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't use that kind of a spacer, you want hub centric ones otherwise you're relying on the lugs to center the wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar