HansJr 05 Bermuda Blue Build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Just swapped out the headlights with the Depot projectors and new lower blinker/DRL housings as well. The last set broke when the radiator blew out. Waiting till I go to work tonight to see the difference in the lighting. Also added the LED license plate lights. I didn’t swap the oem brackets onto the depot lights yet tho. Gonna see how well they ride on the highway. If they move at all I’ll pull them off and swap out the brackets. Will update night shots later.

Also got the brand new bumper pad installed and aligned. Slowly but surely it’s coming around.

View attachment 412982
Looks great!!!

Ping pong ball trick works with Depo brackets which are a bit flimsy. I went into more detail with pictures in my NBS thread. I did try to swap the OEM and Depo brackets, but did not have good success and ended up with 2 pp balls in each brackets that funnily enough worked well. There were other threads before me about this hack/trick/simple fix.

Your mileage may vary, but many that front end sure is looking sweet!! A bit of NBS envy here. Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!!!

Ping pong ball trick works with Depo brackets which are a bit flimsy. I went into more detail with pictures in my NBS thread. I did try to swap the OEM and Depo brackets, but did not have good success and ended up with 2 pp balls in each brackets that funnily enough worked well. There were other threads before me about this hack/trick/simple fix.

Your mileage may vary, but many that front end sure is looking sweet!! A bit of NBS envy here. Keep up the good work!
Nice! I knew I read something in your bible of a build thread about the brackets. I’m gonna have to go back and look for the PPB post. Still haven’t turned it on at night lol. Life seems to always get in the way lately :p

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@HansJr

Did a little thread searching for you on the ping pong balls and OEM vs. Depo brackets.

One of the threads I read before I did it to the 06. Turns out I guess I did trade out the Depot for OEM brackets based on the 1st thread that I posted in.

Probably the better of the threads with pictures of the balls and then I upgraded the lights, at the time, as there is probably something more betterer, I put some Vouke LEDs in and had to go back to the Depo brackets to fit the heat sink. Should be a link but at least some good info for your moving forward.

Damn seems like ages ago in 2018 doing that stuff. Miss that truck....alas will live vicariously thru yours.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26