Trucks totaled! What can I do with my tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just found out from my insurance company that my Tahoe is totaled and I wanted to know if I could reuse the computer in another truck or does it have to stay with the one it was done in? I'm sure I already know the answer but I figured I'd ask anyway hoping I was wrong.

Cash_88

Reaction score
The same year and same drivetrain Tahoe/Silverado/Yukon/Suburban should be ok you would just have to do a crank re-learn for the ignition and possibly have the VIN flashed over from the new vehicle to the old pcm

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that sucks:( pics of the Hoe after the wreck?

OP
OP
NJ04HOE

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I doubt I'll get another 04 I'm thinking maybe a 07-09 tahoe or yukon so I'm thinking I might just clear it out because I've had a diablo handheld sitting in my garage for about 3yrs now and I couldn't sell it because it had my vin in it and I didn't want to lose my bb tune but since it'll be no use to me I might just clear it and see how much I can get for the handheld.
Here's a couple pics
jutu7a2e.jpg
va5u3y7e.jpg
yjuza9yh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you came away uninjured! Would you be interested in selling those GMC 20's or are they gone now?

I have seen people trying to sell the autocal unit on other forums for around the 180 mark :shrug:

OP
OP
NJ04HOE

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am but I think the rear 2 are bent. I know the rear pass one is for sure and I noticed today that it has a crack on the face from hitting a pole

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

I'm planning on buying it back once they give me a good offer. I got the first offer today for $8800 once I buy it back and pay my deductible. No major injuries like broken bones or bloodshed but my wife and I are in pain. I'm more pissed about the truck but I guess that's a good thing because it could have ended a lot worse.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did it happen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member