Torque management question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen this problem before. Buy a Ford and that should take care of it

hidesbehindsofa.gif

MJEngineering

New England Tuning
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Op did not say a model year so I grabbed a file from a 5.3 tahoe of this generation that shows typical throttle restrictions and sent it to Naomi to use. Even in cases where the restrictions in this table are less than this they can be found elsewhere in the program. I stand behind her original answer that there is a lot of power management in that area and a noticeable difference in performance comes from eliminating these interferences. I also stand behind her other comments as she was rudely addressed even after working to help answer someone. As far as answering a lot of threads that is her job and she does know much more more about these matters than most members. She is due respect and will continue to prove it, your judgement of her life style etc is not needed here.

We apologize for any miscommunication on our part.

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, thank you for replying to the thread. I understand your willingness to defend the posts that Naomi made when trying to help. I did not however see any rude post towards Naomi on here before she pretty much came unglued and told one of the posters that "yes, you don't know as much as I do, so you should take my word for it". And then expect a thank you....That is where the rudeness started. A legitimate question was asked and all that was needed was, "I pulled this from this place, or I received the file from Mike when I asked for it". Not the BS that was spouted.

Regardless, It's nice to see you coming here to try to clear the air. Folks here are just trying to get info. Something is wrong with the OP's truck, and to tell them that they need a $500 tune to fix it is not true. Same as a comment of "you must have a tune if you want to run a CAI. Not true one bit. Anyway, I'm out. Thanks again for posting though (Not being sarcastic either).

splinter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
...I went out of my way to open the file and find the one you want, so a thank you would be more appropriate.
No thanks. Wouldn't want to put you out.

In spite of your "Professional 2-Way Tuning For Street, Race or Offroad" offer I elected to go with Black Bear.
The results have been outstanding and he's a fine gent.

14SWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Op did not say a model year so I grabbed a file from a 5.3 tahoe of this generation that shows typical throttle restrictions and sent it to Naomi to use. Even in cases where the restrictions in this table are less than this they can be found elsewhere in the program. I stand behind her original answer that there is a lot of power management in that area and a noticeable difference in performance comes from eliminating these interferences. I also stand behind her other comments as she was rudely addressed even after working to help answer someone. As far as answering a lot of threads that is her job and she does know much more more about these matters than most members. She is due respect and will continue to prove it, your judgement of her life style etc is not needed here.

We apologize for any miscommunication on our part.

OT, but yes she was very rude and her response was uncalled for. the poster simply asked where she got the table from, like someone was challenging her, her response was defensive. If she wants respect, she has to earn it.... its not just given to you because you a a forum vendor...

I have been part of many forums for different vehicles and I have ran into some vendors that are utterly clueless.

Dave01

Reaction score
Wow, this thread came back after 16 months of silence! I'm curious how it worked out for the OP, that problem wasn't some stock torque management issue, it was a problem that had to be diagnosed and fixed.

I see that Mike of MJ Engineering stayed active here, but Naomi disappeared not long after this thread. Not someone that could be useful with that defensive attitude, too bad that was the first impression of the company because it turned a lot of people off.

OP
OP
J

jkomlos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals - OP here. After it started to get a little heated, I figured I got as much information out of the thread as I was going to get. :)

To answer the last post, we never did figure it out. The dealership pretty much stated it was the TM and that was that. Any other work was going to come out of my pocket, unless there was a catastrophic failure. Since then I have been through a 2011 Avalanche and have landed on the 2011 Yukon Denali with the 6.2. The Tahoe just never did seem to cut it pulling much. I agree something seemed off, but I wasn't about to keep battling it out, when the truck was fine for most uses people would have. I traded it in on the Avalanche. It struggled up the hills with the boat, so we ultimately ended up with the Denali, which I am extremely happy with. It tows very well. Pic attached of the boat for reference. 23 foot boat. I am guessing around 6k total weight with fuel and gear. I don't have any current pics of the denali, sorry.

Attachments

• DSC_0835.jpg
    DSC_0835.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Dave01

Reaction score
Thanks for following up Jeff. Nice boat! I tow a 21' ski boat with my Tahoe, I figure 4,500 lbs. total, and it pulls it easily. Your boat is obviously quite a bit heavier at 6,000 lbs. total, so I can see the 6.2 doing the job for you better, though still would have expected the Avalanche to tow it ok. I'm guessing you do more boarding than skiing with that boat.

Here's mine behind the Tahoe:

Tahoe%2520%252B%2520%252798%2520Sport%2520Nautique.jpg

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I would say that something was a miss. I towed my 8.5X20ft V-nose with out a problem with my Tahoe. Empty it weighs 4100lbs. but when I moved the whole set weighed 17K. Yea I know thats a lot more than i should have towed with the Tahoe, but it pulled the trailer from SC to NV with out a problem. But I was not in a hurry and didn't push the truck. I never plan to do that again just so you all know.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667