Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Loving the build thread so far, Tony. Had to take a break to reply to this little nugget...

Remember Silverado was a trim level along with Cheyenne and custom deluxe and Tahoe was a trim option on the S10 , so there

Funny story regarding all of this. I had a 1984 S10 Durango.

random003.JPG

Truck was a complete POS, but I'll never forget the confused looks I got about it.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Loving the build thread so far, Tony. Had to take a break to reply to this little nugget...

Funny story regarding all of this. I had a 1984 S10 Durango.

View attachment 200439

Truck was a complete POS, but I'll never forget the confused looks I got about it.
Thx for the read:).
Was that a trim level? Almost looks like someone stuck the nameplate under the S10. I love that body style. I used to have a 91 Sport S10. Loved it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx for the read:).
Was that a trim level? Almost looks like someone stuck the nameplate under the S10. I love that body style. I used to have a 91 Sport S10. Loved it.
I had a 92 S10 and it was the first truck I lowered. The thing handled great and had a 5-speed stick. I would feather the clutch a bit and take off in 2nd and redline it. It surprised a lot of other drivers how fast it was. But I crashed it. A few times. Then sold it, still driving.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had a 92 S10 and it was the first truck I lowered. The thing handled great and had a 5-speed stick. I would feather the clutch a bit and take off in 2nd and redline it. It surprised a lot of other drivers how fast it was. But I crashed it. A few times. Then sold it, still driving.
They were awesome little trucks. Mine was a nice electric blue wuth the dugital dash and blacked out trim--sport package. Got rud of it because the paint started peeling pretty bad. GM had primer/paint issues back then. That 4.3 was great.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were awesome little trucks. Mine was a nice electric blue wuth the dugital dash and blacked out trim--sport package. Got rud of it because the paint started peeling pretty bad. GM had primer/paint issues back then. That 4.3 was great.

My first ride was a '91 2-door Blazer with the Tahoe trim level. Pearl white with charcoal/dark gray interior, fully loaded, digital gauges... Lots of memories.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine started peeling too but it didn't matter, it was so smashed up. One time I was racing some guy on the freeway and I was doing about 90 in the right lane to get around slower traffic when some moron merged at about 40 and I couldn't avoid them so I did a bumper-car and they got an immediate speed boost. I followed them past 2 exits but they never pulled over. The front of my truck was pretty messed up and my grill was back on the freeway someplace. Then a week later since my hood wasn't latching so good, it flew up and smashed the windshield when I was on the freeway. That was scary, trying to pull over with the hood in my face. Good times lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyfur

Latest posts