Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
if your not seeing any puddles from a line, master took a dump. theres o rings on the shaft, they wear out and fluid bleeds past the o rings. some times you'll see its wet under the master where it gets bolted on, also a sign the master is bad.
I looked earlier and saw nothing leaking, with good brake fluid level.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
the master is an easy change. You can bench bleed it and install it in an hour. no need to bleed back to the wheels if you are careful.
Yes, careful bench bleed and then leave the bleed hoses attached at the threads and curled over in to the fluid and leave the ends submerged while you carefully attach at the booster and bolt up. Then remove the caps the lines that are curled over are attached to and immediately thread the metal line on and tighten. Then can pump up very slowly and bleed at lines where they attach at the master cylinder. Hopefully, during all of this, the metal lines have been kept in place pointing up a little so the fluid in the line did not just sit there and drip till it stopped. You want to keep as much fluid in that metal line, while apart, as possible.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the check valve might be?
Ahh bűgger!!
Mine was doing that and just ended up getting R A to send a replacement master over here to me. Was an easy fix and I was able to crack all my bleed valves without issue! Phew!!
Reminds me,need to top up the fluids !!
Hope is a easy fix Tony :)