Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I checked the brake line connections in the rear. They're all dry and appear tight, so those are good. I see some wet spots on the driver's side front wheel well liner. Thought it was brake fluid--nope. It was grease from the cv axle, that I replaced less then a year ago.20221113_162046.jpg
I saw the rotor grooved a little too, just on the outside. Checked the mc fluid level and it actually looks lower. Wasn't able to check any further as it was getting dark.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked the brake line connections in the rear. They're all dry and appear tight, so those are good. I see some wet spots on the driver's side front wheel well liner. Thought it was brake fluid--nope. It was grease from the cv axle, that I replaced less then a year ago.View attachment 385064
I saw the rotor grooved a little too, just on the outside. Checked the mc fluid level and it actually looks lower. Wasn't able to check any further as it was getting dark.

DA FAK!! :(

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked the brake line connections in the rear. They're all dry and appear tight, so those are good. I see some wet spots on the driver's side front wheel well liner. Thought it was brake fluid--nope. It was grease from the cv axle, that I replaced less then a year ago.View attachment 385064
What brand was that cv axle?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't really remember, but I think they're lifetime. Just weird that the same side split again, and my 4wd isn't connected.
It doesn’t matter if the 4WD is connected or not, they still rotate the same amount. There’s just no power being applied to them. I remember when I replaced mine there were some pretty inexpensive ones and the OEM ones were about twice as much but I bought them anyway because I didn’t want to mess with them again. I think you can just buy the boot but you might need a special tool to tighten the clamps.

03X2

Reaction score
Now remember, my 03 originally came with the 4.8. I now have around 276,000 on it. Other then knock sensors and the dreaded occasional "reduced engine power "I've never had an issue with the motor. Actually ran flawlessly. Never burned oil, but I occasionally have to add some antifreeze. This could've been a leaking headgasket, burning antifreeze in the cylinder, could've been leaking, etc. This was just my excuse to go bigger and better! So... I already have a plan, or so I thought. I was just going to get myself a 6.0, a little exhaust work and call it a day. So I start gathering the parts I thought I'd need for the swap. Usual stuff. Preventive maintenance items, plugs, wires etc. View attachment 80016 View attachment 80017Nothing crazy. Then I get this... View attachment 80018 View attachment 80019 View attachment 80020
Almost complete 6.0 from an 05 Silverado. Just a baby with only 105,000 miles on it. So now my mind starts going a mile a minute! I have a few dollars to spare. I talk to a mechanic buddy of mine who knows a shop..... Oh yeah, this is how it starts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts