Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
other then the common grounds not sure really. my hptuners also got cut off when we tried to read your pcm. maybe try moving the wires to the obd port while plugged in see if you can make it disconnect. the power port is also on the same fuse as the obd port, so if the power port also goes dark it could be a fuse box issue.
Gotcha. I've never had an issue with the power port. Blew the fuse once, but that was it.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Use heat but heat the pipe not the sensor. I just went thru this on the Dodge at work. It ended up pulling the threads but I was able to run a tap in it and the new sensor went in and tightened. I hate exhaust work but will do it and cuss the entire time.
Thx Jim. I actually had to bring it to the mechanic, as I was too damn paranoid from my last adventure. That time I had to get another bung welded in. That was a fiasco!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx Jim. I actually had to bring it to the mechanic, as I was too damn paranoid from my last adventure. That time I had to get another bung welded in. That was a fiasco!
So is it running good now or are you still getting a lot of misfires?

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So is it running good now or are you still getting a lot of misfires?
I haven't touched it since. I use my van for work, and my gf doesn't really drive much. I wasn't motivated today since it was only 19 degrees out. I'm gonna try to swap out my idler arm and the bracket tomorrow. I need the van for work, so the Hoe is on the back burner--for now. I do have another oem maf sensor in my garage--somewhere--that I'd like to swap out just because I have it. It also could be the cause of my present issues. Can't hurt, but I gotta find it 1st.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't touched it since. I use my van for work, and my gf doesn't really drive much. I wasn't motivated today since it was only 19 degrees out. I'm gonna try to swap out my idler arm and the bracket tomorrow. I need the van for work, so the Hoe is on the back burner--for now. I do have another oem maf sensor in my garage--somewhere--that I'd like to swap out just because I have it. It also could be the cause of my present issues. Can't hurt, but I gotta find it 1st.
Yeah I heard you guys are looking at a cold snap, maybe a storm? We’ve had it easy here. Besides a week of on and off light snow it’s been nice, almost 60 and sunny lately.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm I the only one thinking about the Bubbles joke? :roflbow:
Lol, I didn't catch that!
Yeah I heard you guys are looking at a cold snap, maybe a storm? We’ve had it easy here. Besides a week of on and off light snow it’s been nice, almost 60 and sunny lately.
Yeah, this weather is super annoying to work on vehicles in. Supposedly gonna be 29 degrees tomorrow, so I'm gonna give it a shot. Ever since I've gotten this new job I just haven't been motivated to do $hit. Now I gotta study for the ACI test--concrete certification.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I didn't catch that!
Yeah, this weather is super annoying to work on vehicles in. Supposedly gonna be 29 degrees tomorrow, so I'm gonna give it a shot. Ever since I've gotten this new job I just haven't been motivated to do $hit. Now I gotta study for the ACI test--concrete certification.
29!!!
That's like zero here!
You're allowed to say shit now too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401