Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours actually looks even. Funny how fast it happened on mine. Too fast.
I see both you guys have done a roof rack delete. I think I'll go another way and have a custom steel tube 1 built to put the kayaks on. The factory one is like scary to put big stuff on and hope it likes 75-80 mph when I'm passing stuff! :driver:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see both you guys have done a roof rack delete. I think I'll go another way and have a custom steel tube 1 built to put the kayaks on. The factory one is like scary to put big stuff on and hope it likes 75-80 mph when I'm passing stuff! :driver:
Actually both of mine are police models ordered with rack delete. On thecopcar I added a factory rack so I could carry a kayak Or maybe an awning.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually both of mine are police models ordered with rack delete. On thecopcar I added a factory rack so I could carry a kayak Or maybe an awning.
True?
Yes they are handy aren't they but the factory 97 rack on mine is 24 year old plastic anchors with light alloy rails. The cross bars are the strongest part but wont hold it to the roof if 1 of the 12 anchor screws let's go!
I hope no one is following me!

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left it alone for awhile. Saw these on cl, and they looked much nicer then the stock lights, which I think are super ugly--no offense to those who like them. View attachment 79877So much nicer.
Threw these bulbs in there for the brake lights. Don't know what they are, got them for free. View attachment 79878 View attachment 79879
I think they look much better then the stock bulbs. I tried leds, but weren't bright at all, really hard to see behind the red lenses.
I would fire your manicurist if I were you, ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts