Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Damn, took me over a week just to get caught up while poopin! All I can say is wow! Good to know your staying after it and seems to be holding together for the most part. I’ve been running like a madman (as usual) and I’ve been meaning to stick my nose in on things you have going on but by the time I seen it these guys already took care of you with any advise I would have given. I gotta say, this place has always had a great group of guys that would give you the shirt off their backs. Although I think we’d prefer some of you keep your shirt on.
Still not tuned though? Damn it man! That’s gonna be the best thing you’ve done and your dragging your ass. I’m teasing, if anyone knows life gets in the way of wants, it’s me. Keep plugging away brother. I’m here in the shadows and like the rest of these derelicts, you’ve got my support. Haven’t read any complaints on the shoulder so I’m guess your fully recovered and back to spanking the monkey? Good to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Snowbound JIM! Glad to see you back! I was wondering how you were doing. Yeah I gotta get that tune done. It's frustrating not having it done yet, but I will. My shoulder still bothers me, I still can't sleep on it. Maybe part of it is from old age lol. I also just got my front bar that I need to install--not looking forward to that. How are things with you? How's the new house treating you? I'm super glad to see you back my friend!
These guys here are like your best friends that you've never met. Always ready to nudge you along while breaking your balls lol. I've got a lot of respect and love for all of you guys!! I truly mean that. Everyone here is like your neighborhood buddies that come to hang out, help with your ride and bust chops. Love you guys--no homo :D:)
How's that Esky running? Tip top shape I hope. Again, great to see you back.

Last edited:

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, everything is going good. Everybody seems to have settled in nicely at the house. I’ve actually taken custody of my middle son now so I have all my kids living with me. Feels great. Josh was having some issues with school and not doing what he’s suppose to do I had to step in and fight with the ex to take custody. I took my oldest a few years ago and so this time she wanted to put up a fight. Just throwing money down the drain for courts and lawyers but it was all worth it in the end because now he’s here.
I’ve been fighting with the other house still. Working 65 hrs at work, spending money like I won the lottery, had to tear out the concrete foundation to get to the plumbing because house is on a slab. Got that all done, replaced a lot of wood that was not square or level. But I’m past all that. Just in stages of sanding drywall and getting ready for paint. I can’t wait until that house is sold, this making double payments is killing me and taxes were just due so that adds to it! But it’s getting there.
The Esky has been doing great (knock on wood). I blew a coolant quick connect fitting at firewall for heater core over the winter coming home from up north. Sunday afternoon, stranded off the highway near Madison Wisconsin but I was able to hitch a ride with some weirdo and got to a parts store before they closed and got back on the road. But that was about it with that. Things have been good, just crazy. Every day it’s something with Jess working long hours and having all 3 kids here, trying to find time to get over to the other house to do a few hours of work, trying to take care of yards at both houses plus having to run up north to cut grass and fix anything else that needs it while I’m there. You know me, if I stop moving I’ll die!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, everything is going good. Everybody seems to have settled in nicely at the house. I’ve actually taken custody of my middle son now so I have all my kids living with me. Feels great. Josh was having some issues with school and not doing what he’s suppose to do I had to step in and fight with the ex to take custody. I took my oldest a few years ago and so this time she wanted to put up a fight. Just throwing money down the drain for courts and lawyers but it was all worth it in the end because now he’s here.
I’ve been fighting with the other house still. Working 65 hrs at work, spending money like I won the lottery, had to tear out the concrete foundation to get to the plumbing because house is on a slab. Got that all done, replaced a lot of wood that was not square or level. But I’m past all that. Just in stages of sanding drywall and getting ready for paint. I can’t wait until that house is sold, this making double payments is killing me and taxes were just due so that adds to it! But it’s getting there.
The Esky has been doing great (knock on wood). I blew a coolant quick connect fitting at firewall for heater core over the winter coming home from up north. Sunday afternoon, stranded off the highway near Madison Wisconsin but I was able to hitch a ride with some weirdo and got to a parts store before they closed and got back on the road. But that was about it with that. Things have been good, just crazy. Every day it’s something with Jess working long hours and having all 3 kids here, trying to find time to get over to the other house to do a few hours of work, trying to take care of yards at both houses plus having to run up north to cut grass and fix anything else that needs it while I’m there. You know me, if I stop moving I’ll die!

Well with the kids, it's all worth it in the end. I haven't seen my youngest since he was 1 1/2, and he's gonna be 17. Believe me--not my choice. She just took him and left. Nice to have all the kids under 1 roof! It would be music to me ears.
I can't even imagine what it's like to have to deal with 2 homes--money wise AND maintenance. I know it'll all work out in the end brotha. I'm surprised you didn't have anything to bypass that ****** fitting, just to get you home. I'm waiting to see how long it'll take for mine to blow. Friggin' kid replaced both of mine with Dorman. HA!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My neighbor got his shingles on his roof replaced--guess what?20210608_123400.jpg
Just on the sidewall. Didn't look too bad till I pulled the nail out and tried to fix it--20210608_153836.jpg
There's 4 of those strips in that hole. I don't trust it, so now I gotta put a tire on. Thankfully I have another, but it sux because I gotta swap the rim over. SUX!

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My neighbor got his shingles on his roof replaced--guess what?View attachment 281346
Just on the sudewall. Didn't look too bad till I pulled the nail out and tried to fix it--View attachment 281347
There's 4 of those strips in that hole. I don't trust it, so now I gotta put a tire on. Thankfully I have another, but it sux because I gotta swap the rim over. SUX!
What kind of plug is that? Doesn’t look like any I’ve seen.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My neighbor got his shingles on his roof replaced--guess what?View attachment 281346
Just on the sudewall. Didn't look too bad till I pulled the nail out and tried to fix it--View attachment 281347
DO.NOT.LIKE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879