Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I hate it when the forum stop alerting me about new posts... this happens every so often.

I just had to catch up on over 100 posts in this thread.

Happy Birthday to both of the Tony's Yoots!

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate it when the forum stop alerting me about new posts... this happens every so often.

I just had to catch up on over 100 posts in this thread.

Happy Birthday to both of the Tony's Yoots!
Don’t get me started on missed notifications! I’ve missed quite a few of them from different threads. I’m still catching up on all the stuff I’ve missed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t get me started on missed notifications! I’ve missed quite a few of them from different threads. I’m still catching up on all the stuff I’ve missed...

I watch this thread too, and somehow I've missed everything since the beginning of April.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I watch this thread too, and somehow I've missed everything since the beginning of April.

Happens to me all the time. Sometimes I’ll get 20-30 all at once, sometimes they stop completely and I have to ask the mods to fix it. Sometimes it’s just a few threads that stop and I have to go post something new so that thread starts again. I go check the threads I’m following and they’re all listed. It’s so random.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Happens to me all the time. Sometimes I’ll get 20-30 all at once, sometimes they stop completely and I have to ask the mods to fix it. Sometimes it’s just a few threads that stop and I have to go post something new so that thread starts again. I go check the threads I’m following and they’re all listed. It’s so random.

This right here!!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Turned on the ac today and it's not working, but the little ac light is on steady like it is--it's not blinking. I don't hear or feel the clutch engaging. Any ideas? I'd think if the ac tensioner seized up I'd hear or feel it, that happened once before. The compressor was replaced once before with new--thx to @mountie :waytogo:.
Great to be back home!

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turned on the ac today and it's not working, but the little ac light is on steady like it is--it's not blinking. I don't hear or feel the clutch engaging. Any ideas? I'd think if the ac tensioner seized up I'd hear or feel it, that happened once before. The compressor was replaced once before with new--thx to @mountie :waytogo:.
Great to be back home!
Dammit!

On another note, man, I couldn’t be more impressed with the Hellwig sway bars. Even potholes are soaked up much better than before! It seems contrary to the additional stiffness of the chassis, but I swear it’s true. Sure, it’s a little more “twitchy” in certain circumstances, but overall, I’m having a hard time finding any negative whatsoever with them.

You get the rear on yet T..?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to be back home!

pop the hood turn the ac on and look to see if the compressor is middle is turning.

make sure its belt is still there. most of the time the broken tensioner is from the compressor locking up. will snap the belt before the tensioner breaks the first few times. ive lived this already lol

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
pop the hood turn the ac on and look to see if the compressor is middle is turning.

make sure its belt is still there. most of the time the broken tensioner is from the compressor locking up. will snap the belt before the tensioner breaks the first few times. ive lived this already lol
Belt is still there. I've had that tensioner seize up once before. That time I heard squealing and smelled it. I've turned it on with the hood up and the clutch doesn't engage. I just think it's weird it doesn't work but the ac light stays on steadily. Thx for the input @Scottydoggs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645