Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope someone will know for sure. Mine should fold, but don't for some reason. I'm going to the jy tomorrow for another set of DL3 mirrors, but I know the yards around me are insane, so those switches won't be cheap. Gonna ask anyway.
Time to revisit this eh Tony? Have you tried applying power to the folding leads in the switch? I think it’s just a matter of finding the correct power / ground for the folding. Although I believe it reverses to fold in / out? So seems like you’d need to do something with the BCM. Tech 2 time..?

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to revisit this eh Tony? Have you tried applying power to the folding leads in the switch? I think it’s just a matter of finding the correct power / ground for the folding. Although I believe it reverses to fold in / out? So seems like you’d need to do something with the BCM. Tech 2 time..?
I know with the NNBS the BCM controls this. So a guy wouldn’t be able to just throw DL3 mirrors on if they didn’t come stock unless some magic happened on the BCM side

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope someone will know for sure. Mine should fold, but don't for some reason. I'm going to the jy tomorrow for another set of DL3 mirrors, but I know the yards around me are insane, so those switches won't be cheap. Gonna ask anyway.

I think that the '03-'06 driver door switches need to be programmed, or obtained from a vehicle with the same options. Might be wrong, though.
I'm really curious about something--my 03 didn't originally come with the powerfold mirrors, but I installed a set along with the proper mirror switch, but they still don't fold in. Think this is the same deal as the 900's? Where the driver and passenger side pwr window switches--or the driver side master switch--need to bd installed for the mirrors to fold in?

When you say "proper mirror switch" did the truck it came from have powerfold? If not I think it -- the switch -- needs to be programmed. Not really sure, though.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that the '03-'06 driver door switches need to be programmed, or obtained from a vehicle with the same options. Might be wrong, though.

When you say "proper mirror switch" did the truck it came from have powerfold? If not I think it -- the switch -- needs to be programmed. Not really sure, though.
That’s what I understand as well. Not sure about programming, if you need a VIN from a truck with the power fold option or if there’s an option you can check when doing the programming.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought as long as you had the correct driver’s door switch they would fold in/out? The switches look the same except for the mirror switch. Mine power fold in/out but I think it’s the mirror switch that is different. It has the white mirror icon on it and the left/right switch has to be in the middle before it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I thought as long as you had the correct driver’s door switch they would fold in/out? The switches look the same except for the mirror switch. Mine power fold in/out but I think it’s the mirror switch that is different. It has the white mirror icon on it and the left/right switch has to be in the middle before it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
20180608_170221.jpg 20180608_170206.jpg
That's what I thought. I have the correct pwr fold mirror switch.