Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
May have to wack it a few times to get it started and then you can turn the fan. BFH is very useful here! Got mines off when I changed over to efans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wacked the hell of it a few times. Only had a reg hammer tho, no BFH.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta get one, very useful for different occasions!

And if you have efans ready to go, now would be a great time to put them in. You could run a ground to them until you get it tuned. That’s what I’m currently doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I follow this guy. He has 2 3rd gens and a Z71 NBS. Here he's doing some frontend work--he redistributes the grease and adjusts the steering box--
Steering box adjustment starts around 5:30 into the vid, and grease redistribution is done before that--lol--Maybe I should've went from underneath like he did. For a NY truck, it's amazingly clean underneath.
He's pretty good. A mechanic from NY.
Lmk what you guys think.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I follow this guy. He has 2 3rd gens and a Z71 NBS. Here he's doing some frontend work--he redistributes the grease and adjusts the steering box--
Steering box adjustment starts around 5:30 into the vid, and grease redistribution is done before that--lol--Maybe I should've went from underneath like he did. For a NY truck, it's amazingly clean underneath.
He's pretty good. A mechanic from NY.
Lmk what you guys think.

That is exactly what I did to my 03. worked perfect.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
From underneath @George B ? I think I'll try that next time--failed from the top.
Let me rephrase that...
Mine came loose pretty easy but I wire brushed the stud and soaked it with penetrating oil a few times first. I used an allen wrench instead of a ratchet and was able to get it. I don’t think I went much past a half turn on the adjuster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zackhettinger14

Latest posts