Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No use I know of for that old stock 6.0 cam. I have one myself, it’s a garage ornament at the time. So he hasn’t found another motor yet and you don’t know who’s paying for it?
I don't think I should pay for shit honestly. Wasn't my fault. Supposedly he's going to Maryland this weekend to pick up 3 motors. I'll believe it when I see it.
Unless I'm misunderstanding why can't you use the parts you bought. 02 or 03 shouldn't matter. The only thing that should maybe make a differnce is the pistons reguarding valve clearance.
03 was the changeover for a few things in the motor--including head bolts--and I can't remember what else is different.

SteveB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought it was 04 for head bolts. I could be wrong though. That should be the biggest difference. The 243 heads on my race car came off an 07 1500. Just needed to buy head bolts for my block which is an 02.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I should pay for shit honestly. Wasn't my fault. Supposedly he's going to Maryland this weekend to pick up 3 motors. I'll believe it when I see it.

03 was the changeover for a few things in the motor--including head bolts--and I can't remember what else is different.

What was your plan for head bolts? OEM or ARP?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WTF- does he have two others he’s stringing along for months too?

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
WTF- does he have two others he’s stringing along for months too?
I really don't know. He says he picks up 6.0's when he can get them cheap.
Or maybe 1 of the 3 will survive the first test drive. :banghead:
DAMN! You just put a thought in my head--what happens if it blows up within a week or 2 of getting it back??:rage:
I'd be screwed 1,000,000,000% over!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo