Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister421

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi - New to this forum but wanted to see if anyone could shed some light. Order 2023 Denali XL fully loaded September 3, 2022. Order was accepted within 3 weeks. Vehicle was built May 10. It's now been shipping since then. How long does it take a train to get from Texas to Chicago Heights, IL? It then has to be trucked to the Northern suburbs. I contacted GMC and spoke with someone who gave me every excuse under the sun. Engineer shortage, train shortage, derailments, maintenance issues, locomotive headlight shortage (I kid), truck driver shortage, etc.......No one has any real answers.

Thank you in advance!
Mister421

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi - New to this forum but wanted to see if anyone could shed some light. Order 2023 Denali XL fully loaded September 3, 2022. Order was accepted within 3 weeks. Vehicle was built May 10. It's now been shipping since then. How long does it take a train to get from Texas to Chicago Heights, IL? It then has to be trucked to the Northern suburbs. I contacted GMC and spoke with someone who gave me every excuse under the sun. Engineer shortage, train shortage, derailments, maintenance issues, locomotive headlight shortage (I kid), truck driver shortage, etc.......No one has any real answers.

Thank you in advance!
Mister421
Have you checked with your dealer to see if they use VINView? If so, they can track your Denali in real-time and see exactly where it is. GM is mostly worthless when contacting about your vehicle after it's shipped.

Mister421

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you checked with your dealer to see if they use VINView? If so, they can track your Denali in real-time and see exactly where it is. GM is mostly worthless when contacting about your vehicle after it's shipped.
I've been in constant contact with them but they said they don't know more than me. I'll ask them about this. Thank you!

Mister421

aggie02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I live in Dallas, but after calling all the dealerships around DFW and no one having an allocation, I called the small town where I’m from in west Texas (San Angelo) and they had received an allocation for a Denali that day, so it just worked out. Dealership is 3.5 hours from Arlington plant, so assuming that’s why shipment was so fast! I was never given an ETA. Chat gave me the 4000 code thursday and Friday I got an email saying it was already at the dealership. Heading to pick it up now!
that is quick where do you live? Where you ever emailed a shipping eta?

I went online with gmc chat this morning and they said the latest is the Denali was built and is in transit! They had no eta. I was able to confirm this by going on the GMC inventory and I found my VIN/windowsticker. It matches my exact order to my dealer. I'm guessing 3-4 weeks to arrive? Thats about how long my 2 Ford trucks took to get from Dearborn down here. Not getting my hopes up it would be faste
6/2/23 - Just got the email that it arrived at the dealership and confirmed with them it's there!
that is quick where do you live? Where you ever emailed a shipping eta?

I went online with gmc chat this morning and they said the latest is the Denali was built and is in transit! They had no eta. I was able to confirm this by going on the GMC inventory and I found my VIN/windowsticker. It matches my exact order to my dealer. I'm guessing 3-4 weeks to arrive? Thats about how long my 2 Ford trucks took to get from Dearborn down here. Not getting my hopes up it would be faster.

jthoske

Reaction score
I ordered a 23 Yukon Denali 4WD Duramax in White Frost Tri-Coat, sunroof, black emblems, and radar cruise control. $3k deposit, employee pricing.

2/21/23 Ordered
5/17/23 Accepted
5/19/23 Email saying it was built
5/20/23 GMC.com Customer service said TPW 5/29 and not sure why I got the built email.

Hoping to have it by 7/4!
6/6 Received order shipped email

RVAYukonDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My TPW was 5/29 as well and as of this morning, still has not been built. Hmph. Wonder why.

duckknot

Reaction score
Booked our trip to pick up our Yukon XL, June 27th can't come fast enough. Funny enough that will be almost 16 months to the day since we ordered it...been quite the journey!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345