Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd talk to some other dealers. A good dealer will get regular allocations and the diesel seems like it is more available now. Sounds like he is asking you to look elsewhere.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My selling dealer just told me "GM is so backed up that by the time they get to my Denali diesel order, pano roof,, no packages or max tow it will be a 24 model". This is a dealer I have bought 2 new vehicles from and was told to expect a 6 month wait back in July. Anyone else heard that kind of statement?
Seems to be a bit of a conflicting statement with what others are hearing/experiencing from their dealers. Overall it seems the '23 orders are building faster, shipping to dealers faster and arriving with very few or no missing features. Also, sounds like constraints are either gone or minimal so orders that have been held back because of constraints are moving through now.

Has the dealer told you how many orders are ahead of yours? Depending on where you're at in line at your dealership and how many allocations they're getting, maybe that statement from your dealer is more coming a view point that you're something like ~20 orders down the list and they're getting 1 Denali per month in allocation. Doing the math that puts you at a '24 model at best.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has the dealer told you how many orders are ahead of yours? Depending on where you're at in line at your dealership and how many allocations they're getting, maybe that statement from your dealer is more coming a view point that you're something like ~20 orders down the list and they're getting 1 Denali per month in allocation. Doing the math that puts you at a '24 model at best.
Exactly this ^^

Maybe what the dealer really means to say is "Our dealership is so backed .....".

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my large local dealer, at least he was honest when taking my order. I was way down the line in orders and was told it would probably be a 24MY truck. I got lucky though from another dealer and was able to get my Yukon Ultimate

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer told me over 50 Yukon orders sitting. Didn't say where I was. Very large dealer, so 50 might have only been 6 months like he stated in July. Tired of guessing who F'd up what in the GM world. Believe half of what I see and none of what I hear from now on.

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
I'm trying not to get excited but, our order may finally be moving forward. 2023 Yukon XL Denali 4WD with 3.0 diesel, advanced tech, premium capability package, max trailering, adaptive cruise, super cruise, power side steps, and 2nd row bench. The bench+diesel in a loaded configuration has been a unicorn and impossible to get. We put our first order in 2/6/2021 and have had no luck since. I tried finding something inbound to a dealer and struck out everywhere. Moved on to a larger dealer and gave them a deposit on 10/12/22. Last week, we were at status code 2000 and today I found out that it is at 3000. Based on everyone else's hiccups and delays, I'm not getting my hopes up, but this is the most progress I've made in 21 months. Fingers crossed I'm hoping to have a nice Christmas present for my wife this year.
Per GM chat today:
The current event code is 3000 and the Target Production week is 01/02/2023, however this is subject to change. Have I answered your questions today?

Christmas is ruined!!! Haha.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope GM chokes on their 2024 models instead of building 2023's. Just a way to have several more price increases. Not gonna do it, "wouldn't be prudent".

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Per GM chat today:
The current event code is 3000 and the Target Production week is 01/02/2023, however this is subject to change. Have I answered your questions today?

Christmas is ruined!!! Haha.
That’d be a freaking Christmas Miracle. I have a very similar build to yours, the dealer placed my order on 11/11, I haven’t followed up with GM since

Ugh, just checked GM automated chat. Order has been submitted by the dealer, but has not been officially accepted by GM :(

Last edited:

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
That’d be a freaking Christmas Miracle. I have a very similar build to yours, the dealer placed my order on 11/11, I haven’t followed up with GM since

Ugh, just checked GM automated chat. Order has been submitted by the dealer, but has not been officially accepted by GM :(
In my scenario above, does the ability of the dealer being able to place the order mean they had the allocation? Or is it possible they do not have the allocation and that’s why GM didn’t accept it?

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Dealers can place orders whenever/ however they want. It's upto the order manager at the dealer to determine how they want to use the allocations they receive from GM on Thursdays for their "orders placed" list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne