Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtxmm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Apologies for length, but I feel like more detail is better. I found this forum very helpful when it came to understanding the ordering process, the delivery experiences of members and any tips or updates that helped make me feel like I wasn't on an island and there were others going through the same frustrations with no more knowledge than I had.

I ordered a Denali from a local dealer here in Dallas at the end of May 2022. This dealer is very well known in the area and has a reputation for not messing customers around or making the purchase process any more painful than it already is. Pricing is always transparent and during the pandemic they did not charge anything over MSRP and required no deposits to place an order. Those two items, as it turns out, are both hugely positive and also a negative. You were able to order what you wanted, and knew what the price would be and that it would be MSRP. The problem was that the lack of deposits and favorable pricing led to them having a wait list longer than was really manageable.

<snip>

My order in Dallas is likely from the same dealer. They're really easy to deal with, but I think the staff is a bit overwhelmed by the length of the list to be honest. They're very nice and helpful, but don't seem to have any better info than we do on allocations/production/etc.

Originally ordered in April 2022 as a 22, has since rolled to a 23 with no end in sight. Only options are sunroof and 22" wheels. At this point, pretty much hoping it rolls over to a 2024.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lack of demand! Have you seen dealer lots now, pickups everywhere...so much so that GM idled one truck plant for 2 weeks...Interest rates up, layoffs happening...people not buying (yes, the full size SUV's are still in demand). Supply chain improving because trucks and the SUV's share a bunch of common modules and parts (engines, transmissions, etc)

Some trucks are being offered under MSRP or GM Financial offering 2.99% with deferred payments for the first 90 days. Chevy dealer I'm buying from has 46 trucks, 2 suburban's and zero Tahoe's (mine will be their next one in Transit). Crazy

GM really needs to consider reallocating production capacity to the 2024 full size SUVs.

Tex7488

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright, ordered 23 z71 Tahoe last week. Been a tundra guy for 10 years but want an SUV.

Options:
Max trailer, luxury, advanced suspension or whatever it is called. No sunroof.

Smaller dealer. MSRP AND $1k down. Won’t tell me how far down the list I am. I’m dealing with them since they didn’t call me 5 thousand times, e-mail blast me, or google me and call me at work after my inquiry unlike the other dealers.

How likely am I to ever receive this thing? Did I hit any constraints? The stuff on injectors is scaring me. New to forum so sorry if not in the right discussion.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some trucks are being offered under MSRP or GM Financial offering 2.99% with deferred payments for the first 90 days. Chevy dealer I'm buying from has 46 trucks, 2 suburban's and zero Tahoe's (mine will be their next one in Transit). Crazy

if a new GM truck buyer isn't paying $4-5k under MSRP, they're paying too much. Sure you're local hometown dealer that has 8-10 trucks may not be that aggressive, but there are more deals out there than dealers still trying to stick to MSRP

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few orders locally and around the country. One of them just called me and said there’s a constraint on 2nd row buckets. Anyone hear something like this?

duckknot

Reaction score
Got an email from GMC this morning that order was accepted for production....but no estimated date yet......what is that they said about patience..it's stupid? no, virtue...that's what it was, virtue.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an email from GMC this morning that order was accepted for production....but no estimated date yet......what is that they said about patience..it's stupid? no, virtue...that's what it was, virtue.
I just walked in the door and the awesome Fleet Manager who orders most everything for us informed me mine went to 3000 also. The TPW I was given is 04/10, but she said don't be surprised if it is built next week. We will see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts