Thinking of Buying a 07-14 NNBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some help from you the owners of NNBS SUV's

High speed vibration. Slip yolk clunk. Tranny cooler lines leak. Don't move the intake throttle body plate
Air bag sensors failures.

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
High speed vibration. Slip yolk clunk. Tranny cooler lines leak. Don't move the intake throttle body plate
Air bag sensors failures.

Had that on my 07. Dealer said it was pretty common on 07-08 models.
Felt like a hybrid rear ended me as I slowed down to a stop at red lights and stop signs.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the Suburban......

They replaced a rear main seal, LF wheel bearing, and the Entire Airbag in the roof of the Left side. This is the airbag that goes all the way across in the roof. This was fixed under warranty.

Also replaced under warranty was the lift gate struts. They are slow to raise the gate, and it opens partially........ even now with the new ones.

Also. The 2011 Yukon had a cracked transmission dipstick tube. It would just wiggle, but never came off. Had a hole/ crack in the tube. There was TSB or a recall on this. They checked it at about 30K. It was fine and not cracked. It cracked at 35K, and they acted like they did not want to replace it then. I had to complain to make them do it.

Instrument panel lights sometimes flicker in the 2011 Yukon as well. Not sure why.

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Things new people may also want to know.

Light bulbs on the front require bumper removal. I have seen it done without removal of the bumper cover and it's possible....... but its a more violent process. Would not want it done that way imo.

Changing transmission fluid and dropping the pan requires lowering of the Y-pipe. To lower the Y-pipe, the O2 sensor must be pulled on the right side at the exhaust manifold. This is on a 2WD, not certain on a 4WD.

There is no petcock on the radiator. Makes a big mess upon removal of the lower radiator hose. The person in charge of the removal of this little item should be given a homo of the year award. The lower hose can be pulled at the water pump or at the lower radiator part. If you pull at the pump, cover the AC compressor. The antifreeze will other wise go all over the AC clutch and belt.

Rear End fluid changes are made easier and possible by dropping the spare and also the bolt on the Panhard Bar at the axle. The rear end DOES HAVE A GASKET. IT IS REUSABLE. When putting it back together...... raise the truck by the frame from the back to make lining up the bolt for the panhard bar easier. As the axle shifts slightly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're gonna do this for NNBS trucks might as well do the same for the K2XX trucks ... you know, so it's applicable to people less than seven years later. :flowers2:

There will be one for OBS and NBS also, I am sure once the K2XX problems are known there will be one for them also.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Alright guys I am going to need more explanation and or pics.

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:yuno: give me usable pics...

riggz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:yaoface2: