Thinking of Buying a 07-14 NNBS Tahoe/Suburban? Look Here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abright52

2011 Yukon Denali
Reaction score
Issues that I am currently dealing with:
-Driver's Side Wheel Bearing suddenly noisy - Needs replacement
-Passenger side front brake caliper is not fully retracting - wheel hot after long drive - Had the same issue on the driver side a few months ago (should have just replaced both)
-Instrument Panel Displays (DIC & PRNDL) No Longer Illuminated:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26769
-Rear air suspension is no longer working - Fuse was blown, replaced that and no change - needs further troubleshooting

Fixed a broken rear defrost tab two months ago:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21521

VA929RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my short ownership of my Denali, here's what I've had done...

RR Door lock actuator
RR Bose Speaker
Pass Side Mirror motor
Rear Rotors
Oil Pan Gasket
Front Crankshaft Seal

All covered under the extended warranty I bought with it..

Actually, the Mirror Motor and Rotors were covered by the dealership.. The rest was under warranty.. I had to pay my $100 deductible. That's all folks....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429470325.322671.jpg

DarthVader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^ I have the same question. Looking into buying an 07/08 with around 100-130k on it. Am I just getting myself into a headache, or are these going to be reliable once you reach that age and mileage?

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ I have the same question. Looking into buying an 07/08 with around 100-130k on it. Am I just getting myself into a headache, or are these going to be reliable once you reach that age and mileage?
As with any used vehicle the prior maintenance is the answer to your question. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one but I also do not buy vehicles with over 100k very often.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So question is : is this even a good vehicle to buy used ?

Like Yates said, answer is a qualified yes. Except that a Chevy over 100k doesn't bother me. Around 200K is typically the number that has me looking elsewhere.

Bought my 07 with ~130K and am around ~163K 18 months later. In that time I have replaced upper ball joints, u-joints, rear axle shaft seals, a chrome exterior door handle, and a busted rear passenger door window. I've also done all the standard maintenance things and oil is replaced with synthetic about every 5k. I've heard that the lifters for the AFM can be sensitive to oil condition.

Only reason that I am thinking of getting rid of it is to move up to a newer (but same body style) 3/4 ton Suburban for the extra room and towing capacity.

fishingwizard

Reaction score
Since I have purchased my 07.5 burb, I have done the following not in any specific order...

Cracked dash in 3 spots... - doesn't help its blk
Bought an AFM module
Fuel overflow sensor on top of the gas tank had to be replaced
Front hubs redone
Rack and pinion redone twice - under warranty
Oil pan gasket replaced
Replaced rear air suspension - Arnott - twice
Replaced front shocks - Arnott
Rear liftgate will not raise up... Been fighting it for a while guess its the latch...? can anyone look at it besides the stealership and tell me whats wrong with it...?
Rear defrost tab came loose... Fixing that today
Replaced all ball joints and arms in the front end
Replaced both engine mounts
Top info button on dash does not work so I can't get my transmission temp when towing...
Driver door handle came off in my hand... Replaced
Radiator hose blew off off
Cracked AC line replaced
All four rotors replaced
New muffler
New windshield

Last edited:

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So question is : is this even a good vehicle to buy used ?
If you want something that is 100% perfect mechanically and cosmetically, probably not.

If you want a very nice SUV for a decent price that is reliable overall but needs some basic repairs/maintenance/upkeep, yes, good buy.

EDIT: Just realized I quoted a post that's almost 6 months old. Whoops. I feel like a such a n00b.

tomustang

Reaction score
No big deal on the quote. It helps anyone else reading the thread.

I don't think there's any car out there that runs flawless, but it ain't bad and worth contending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans