Need Help!!! Instrument panel off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It turns on, all the dials work, except on the bottom where it tells you the mileage, the digital read out is off, it was on when I turned it on, but during my trip it went out. Any suggestions? Is there a way to turn it back on?

This is what I'm talking about
photo21.jpg
photo11.jpg
Don't know why the picture is backwards, tried and tried to fix it, just want to know if you guys know where this fuse box is at, I know it tells you, but I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody, there has to be somebody here that knows the answer, by answering this question, you will help me out, and help out future people who will run into this situation. :)

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the result of a modification or did it just stop working all of a sudden?
Does the rest of the cluster light up when you turn on the lights?
If it doesn't then the DIM fuse could be the culprit, if it lights up but the mileage and DIC don't then ... :think:

If under warranty it looks like dealer time, if not, hopefully someone knows the answer.

Btw, better gas up. :)

Last edited:

SLT Kon-Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry bout your problem, I personally don't have any idea other than a bad fuse, that fuse panel access is on the drivers side of the dash, open your door and that whole side panel snaps off, the fuse panel is underneath...
Good luck, hopefully it's just a blown fuse.

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the result of a modification or did it just stop working all of a sudden?
Does the rest of the cluster light up when you turn on the lights?
If it doesn't then the DIM fuse could be the culprit, if it lights up but the mileage and DIC don't then ... :think:

If under warranty it looks like dealer time, if not, hopefully someone knows the answer.

Btw, better gas up. :)

No Mod, it just stopped working, the cluster does light up when I turn on the lights but DIC don't. Out of warranty already. She turns on, and runs, but this has me worried something else might come up

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Sorry bout your problem, I personally don't have any idea other than a bad fuse, that fuse panel access is on the drivers side of the dash, open your door and that whole side panel snaps off, the fuse panel is underneath...
Good luck, hopefully it's just a blown fuse.

Thanks I'll look into it

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody, there has to be somebody here that knows the answer, by answering this question, you will help me out, and help out future people who will run into this situation. :)

I bought 2 Impalas in 2010. And a Tahoe in 2011. These are the first Chevrolets I have owned in the last decade. I have these displays in all 3 of the vehicles, but have never seen anybody mention them going off. I wish you luck in it not being like a Corvette I had once, had to spend over $3,000 to replace the entire cluster.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It turns on, all the dials work, except on the bottom where it tells you the mileage, the digital read out is off, it was on when I turned it on, but during my trip it went out. Any suggestions? Is there a way to turn it back on?

This is what I'm talking about
photo21.jpg
photo11.jpg
Don't know why the picture is backwards, tried and tried to fix it, just want to know if you guys know where this fuse box is at, I know it tells you, but I couldn't find it.

llllljrlllll,

I am sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with your vehicle. Have you taken it to your dealership for a diagnosis? Also, is this the first time this issue has happened?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

OP
OP
L

llllljrlllll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 Impalas in 2010. And a Tahoe in 2011. These are the first Chevrolets I have owned in the last decade. I have these displays in all 3 of the vehicles, but have never seen anybody mention them going off. I wish you luck in it not being like a Corvette I had once, had to spend over $3,000 to replace the entire cluster.

Thanks, I guess luck was on my side, at night, I needed to do an errand, and when I turned the truck on, withing a few minutes my DIC turned back on. It was like if nothing had ever happened, no i'm baffled. But it's on. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Have you tried disconnecting the battery, waiting a bit, then reconnecting?

Yeah, I did that and waited an hr, before reconnecting it, and nothing at that time. But it's on now.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

llllljrlllll,

I am sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with your vehicle. Have you taken it to your dealership for a diagnosis? Also, is this the first time this issue has happened?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

Hi Elizabeth, No I didn't take it to the dealer, thinking that they would charge me for the diagnosis since the car is out of warranty. Yes it is the first time that this has happened, very weird, but it turned on at night, like if nothing had ever happened. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts