The BIG stereo install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car/truck doors are about the absolute worst 'enclosure' that you can possibly have for a speaker system. Dynamat or equivalent can make a really significant difference in eliminating vibrations/rattles, and improve the overall quality of sound from the speakers.
it's all about the install

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's all about the install

Its all about taking a horrific 'enclosure' environment, and making it as good as possible. Even with the best of efforts and add-ons, the car/truck door is still a lousy enclosure for a speaker.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its all about taking a horrific 'enclosure' environment, and making it as good as possible. Even with the best of efforts and add-ons, the car/truck door is still a lousy enclosure for a speaker.
I swapped out my blown stockers for clearance rack Kickers in the door. Re-used the foam surround and they’re quite decent for the stock system.
Hey @Squirrelsmith how many of those terrible white clips survived? I bought a 100 pack on the Bay for $5 when I was fighting door rattles and loose panels

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped out my blown stockers for clearance rack Kickers in the door. Re-used the foam surround and they’re quite decent for the stock system.
Hey @Squirrelsmith how many of those terrible white clips survived? I bought a 100 pack on the Bay for $5 when I was fighting door rattles and loose panels
I broke 1 haha. I have a bag of them somewhere too

OP
OP
Squirrelsmith

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just bought $200 worth of wire, gulp. man this stuff adds up I wouldn't recommend anyone do this under any circumstances it's totally irresponsible lol

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What we have here is a build from an old school guy. Nobody under the age of 30 ever uses the word”stereo”. Looks like it be “cool” one the work is finished though.

As you were...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy