That annoying horn chirp.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fob is always in my pocket. In fact every time I go to the garage, such as to take out the trash, the car spools up, projecting the logo on the garage floor in the rear and, I assume, pressurizing the fuel system.
Neat, senses your proximity. My 2019 only primes the fuel pump when a door or tailgate is opened after sitting for a lengthy period of time.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neat, senses your proximity. My 2019 only primes the fuel pump when a door or tailgate is opened after sitting for a lengthy period of time.
my 23 doesn't do anything unless i open a door, tailgate, or hit a button on the FOB and then starts waking up and gets ready to go. It is a base LS so maybe that has something to do with it.

Marmi63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have searched all over and it seems that I may be the only one with this particular issue. 2021 Tahoe. Usually, when I enter the vehicle in the garage after it has been unused for at least one night, when I am sitting in the driver's seat and I close the driver door , the horn gives me three quick chirps. This is before I even think about starting the vehicle. Occasionally it will do this away from the garage and after only sitting long enough to gas up. The key fob, of course, is in my pocket. I have been through the vehicle setup menus more times than I can remember and my service manager at the dealer is at a loss. Is anyone else having this problem?
Tgilwright, we have a 2022 Silverado and a 2022 Tahoe that is doing the same thing. All reminders turned off, dealership claims no one else has the problem. Did you ever find a solution? TIA

OP
OP
T

tgilwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, we have not. New battery in fob did nothing. The dealer can't fix it because I've been unable to get it to act up while at the dealer. As mentioned before, my wife's '22 Buick Enclave is doing it now too. Both vehicles are very intermittent.

Marmi63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, we have not. New battery in fob did nothing. The dealer can't fix it because I've been unable to get it to act up while at the dealer. As mentioned before, my wife's '22 Buick Enclave is doing it now too. Both vehicles are very intermittent.
K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts