Belt chirp…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had this problem on my '02 Suburban. No matter what I did, new belts would start squeaking after a few miles. The problem was likely a slight pulley misalignment, but before trying to replace a bunch of crap and lining up the pulleys, I tried a Dayco belt with the M-shaped ribs and it quieted it down. Never had another problem for the next 30K that I owned the truck. Might be worth a try:

OP
OP
D

draper11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
M
I looked for those for these rigs and haven't been able to find them anywhere. Do you have a source? I'd like to bookmark it for myself!
i looked for gator back as well- I believe you can only find expensive old stock on eBay…??

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I looked for those for these rigs and haven't been able to find them anywhere. Do you have a source? I'd like to bookmark it for myself!

Well, shoot. Continental bought them and sold them as Continental Elite, but apparently no longer make or sell them. :(

OP
OP
D

draper11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I replaced tensioner- sound changed but was still there.

Had someone else look at it. He scrubbed the pulleys with a wire brush- specifically the drive shaft pulley which had an accumulation- and changed belt (other was three months old). Sounds perfect now. Hopefully this will last a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts