2023 Tahoe Premier battery issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RK Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all! I am new to this forum. I am hoping someone can help me. I have a new 2023 Tahoe with less than 3000 miles. The battery keeps going dead. The dealership cannot find anything wrong with it. It’s been there three times and everything checks out. So, it seems that there is something at my house that is draining the battery. I park in a garage. I have moved my key fob to the other side of the house. When I walk by it to take my dog out it seems to wake up and makes a buzzing noise. I am at a complete loss as to what is going on. This is my 6th Tahoe and I have never had a problem with the battery draining. I drive it most every day so it’s not sitting unused. Does anyone have any ideas?

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its waking up when you walk by it, likely there is something on you that wakes ut up. Your phone, abother fob or some sort of rf device. Might also be trying to do an ota updatde and its keeoing it awake.

OP
OP
R

RK Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. They did check that the third time. I’m thinking it may be my garage door opener. I tried programming it to my car but it wasn’t working. Wonder if it’s trying to connect.

OP
OP
R

RK Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Move ALL your key fobs to the other end of the house, or try using a Faraday bag for all of them, as a test.
Thank you! Yes, I have moved them but just purchased a Faraday box to put all of our key fobs in. My son has a Chevrolet Blazer so I’m moving his key fobs just to be safe.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar