That annoying horn chirp.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am enjoying this thread because my 2022 Yukon Denali also seems to give me random chirps. Not all that often but it did happen two days ago for no reason that I could figure out. I have pretty much learned to think about it, but also to ignore it. As I have said before, I think the new vehicles are using some version of the HAL 9000 software.
Totally agree...it does seme to be a little off..

Starting to think @tgilwright's issue is that the car is confused and is "off cycle," like it thinks he is in the vehicle when he isn't and thinks he is out of the vehicle when he is in it...Maybe disconnect the negative battery terminal for a half hour and start over.

OP
OP
T

tgilwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are you doing, Dave?

Bought gas this afternoon and you'll never guess what it did after I got back in the car and closed the door. I'm going in for a couple of minor warranty fixes in the next week or so and while I'm there I'm going to suggest they first experience this disorder, then fix it. I do believe they can reflash the ECM, if that's what it's called, and assure that the software is fresh and correct. Haven't had this much fun since my root canal.

OP
OP
T

tgilwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seriously, if there was another remote shouldn't it chirp EVERY time I close the door? There is no explanation that would account for how this thing behaves. I was hoping that someone else also has this problem and has fixed it.

Hollaway24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have searched all over and it seems that I may be the only one with this particular issue. 2021 Tahoe. Usually, when I enter the vehicle in the garage after it has been unused for at least one night, when I am sitting in the driver's seat and I close the driver door , the horn gives me three quick chirps. This is before I even think about starting the vehicle. Occasionally it will do this away from the garage and after only sitting long enough to gas up. The key fob, of course, is in my pocket. I have been through the vehicle setup menus more times than I can remember and my service manager at the dealer is at a loss. Is anyone else having this problem?
My 2022 Premier does this also...Gets on my dang nerves..I have all the tag turned off and still does it..

OP
OP
T

tgilwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2022 Premier does this also...Gets on my dang nerves..I have all the tag turned off and still does it..
I believe it. I had mine into the dealer today for an oil change and a couple of other small warranty items. The dang car decided not to act up today. If it doesn't show the symptoms the techs can't fix it. My wife's 2022 Buick Enclave is now doing this too, at random times and random locations. All alarms are turned off in the setup menus.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silly question, but when you leave the vehicle, are your keys always going with you? Do they get stored near the vehicles when you are at home?

OP
OP
T

tgilwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The fob is always in my pocket. In fact every time I go to the garage, such as to take out the trash, the car spools up, projecting the logo on the garage floor in the rear and, I assume, pressurizing the fuel system.

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2022 Denali just gave me the 3 chirps when I got into it after filling the tank at the gas station. Did the same thing two days ago. I turn it off, get out and fill the tank, then when I get in before I even start it I get the 3 chirps. I figure it is trying to tell me something, just not sure what that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20