That annoying horn chirp.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgilwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have searched all over and it seems that I may be the only one with this particular issue. 2021 Tahoe. Usually, when I enter the vehicle in the garage after it has been unused for at least one night, when I am sitting in the driver's seat and I close the driver door , the horn gives me three quick chirps. This is before I even think about starting the vehicle. Occasionally it will do this away from the garage and after only sitting long enough to gas up. The key fob, of course, is in my pocket. I have been through the vehicle setup menus more times than I can remember and my service manager at the dealer is at a loss. Is anyone else having this problem?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have searched all over and it seems that I may be the only one with this particular issue. 2021 Tahoe. Usually, when I enter the vehicle in the garage after it has been unused for at least one night, when I am sitting in the driver's seat and I close the driver door , the horn gives me three quick chirps. This is before I even think about starting the vehicle. Occasionally it will do this away from the garage and after only sitting long enough to gas up. The key fob, of course, is in my pocket. I have been through the vehicle setup menus more times than I can remember and my service manager at the dealer is at a loss. Is anyone else having this problem?
1665371019635.png1665371052315.png1665371090691.png1665371128727.png

OP
OP
T

tgilwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, but the battery checks out as good. And the owner's manual contains nothing to describe the conditions under which my horn chirps. I have read all that stuff but it simply doesn't apply to the conditions. Just returned from a four day trip. The horn chirped just two times the first two days, then every time I gassed up on the last day.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but the battery checks out as good. And the owner's manual contains nothing to describe the conditions under which my horn chirps. I have read all that stuff but it simply doesn't apply to the conditions. Just returned from a four day trip. The horn chirped just two times the first two days, then every time I gassed up on the last day.
Well, if yours were mine, I would head over to my favorite dealership and ask a mechanic or two or the service manager.

OP
OP
T

tgilwright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've known the service manager for over thirty years. His new 2500 pickup is also doing crazy but different things. He can't tell me what's wrong. As far as an extra key fob goes, it does it intermittently whether my wife is in the car with her key fob or not. I have considered using the Browning 12 gauge on it but I don't think the insurance company or Chevy's warranty would help out afterward.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've known the service manager for over thirty years. His new 2500 pickup is also doing crazy but different things. He can't tell me what's wrong. As far as an extra key fob goes, it does it intermittently whether my wife is in the car with her key fob or not. I have considered using the Browning 12 gauge on it but I don't think the insurance company or Chevy's warranty would help out afterward.
:893Chainsaw-Smilie-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo