Tech 2 Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out how to not have it connected to the pc and do programming. Your way is the same as I’ve done with the exception of the length of the cable.
it might work via the memory card or you might need a pcmcia memory card, you can find those on ebay all day long but sounds like James might know more about that I haven't tried it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you get a memory card you need to look and find out which kind is compatible, linear, ata, flash, etc

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez, this thing sounds more complicated the more I read this thread.

It sounds complex but really takes longer to explain it than to do it.

Mark, you hook the Tech-2 up to the truck and go into SPS and it downloads the truck configuration to the Tech-2. Then you turn off the Tech-2, disconnect it and take it into the house and connect to the PC. Then you fire up TDS and turn on the Tech-2 when it tells you to and go from there. At the end of the download process from the PC to the Tech-2, you'll again shut off the Tech-2 and take it out to the truck and as soon as you power it on it automatically starts programming the modules.

Here's a good visual tutorial. He's using TIS2000 but TDS is similar.

Luie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will one of these clone Tech2s allow a person to unvin lock a factory gm radio?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds complex but really takes longer to explain it than to do it.

Mark, you hook the Tech-2 up to the truck and go into SPS and it downloads the truck configuration to the Tech-2. Then you turn off the Tech-2, disconnect it and take it into the house and connect to the PC. Then you fire up TDS and turn on the Tech-2 when it tells you to and go from there. At the end of the download process from the PC to the Tech-2, you'll again shut off the Tech-2 and take it out to the truck and as soon as you power it on it automatically starts programming the modules.

Here's a good visual tutorial. He's using TIS2000 but TDS is similar.

Thanks James.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like James did it that way, I had mine connected via a 100' cable to the pc in the house, that was before I had a tablet and had not made it work on my old laptop
I just ordered a 50’ data cable and that will allow me to connect the laptop in my garage and program from there. It will be easier to use a mouse from my bench as opposed to sitting in the truck. I’ll still have to turn the ignition switch on and off but for the most part I can be in my garage instead of the truck where things get crowded and uncomfortable. Less cable mess that way too. Thanks for the idea.

Reaction score
That's what I do. I put the laptop on my workbench, or on top of my tool cart, and have the Tech2 in the drivers seat along with its rather long cord. I open the window of the car and can stand next to the car with the Tech2 coming out the window. I'll reach in through the window if I need to cycle the key or something.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low