Tahoe/Yukon Headlight Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Alright guys, I did the DRL delete by replacing the DRL socket with another turn signal socket and used LED switchbacks. My drivers side won't flash with the turn signal, but the passenger side is good. The drivers side will flash with the hazards though....rewired that side in case I had a bad solder joint and still nothing...any ideas?
If that side worked before it’s either 2 things , your wiring or fuse. Also make sure leds are or are not polarity specific. Or swap bulbs left to right too.

I guess that’s 4 things

Ambitious02

Reaction score
If that side worked before it’s either 2 things , your wiring or fuse. Also make sure leds are or are not polarity specific. Or swap bulbs left to right too.

I guess that’s 4 things

@05Single Haha yep, but I'll double check all 4!! I didn't check fuse since all flashers on the truck work aside from that one. When I hit the turn signal they do a very slow fade from white to amber but just stay solid amber and don't blink. It's like they try to pulse, but don't actually flash. But when I hit the hazards they flash amber as they should. Could it possibly be the socket itself? I will check fuse and swap around the bulbs to see what I get and let you know. Thanks Bro!!

Ambitious02

Reaction score
@05Single Haha yep, but I'll double check all 4!! I didn't check fuse since all flashers on the truck work aside from that one. When I hit the turn signal they do a very slow fade from white to amber but just stay solid amber and don't blink. It's like they try to pulse, but don't actually flash. But when I hit the hazards they flash amber as they should. Could it possibly be the socket itself? I will check fuse and swap around the bulbs to see what I get and let you know. Thanks Bro!!

@05Single Well I trouble shot it to no avail!! I put the stock bulb back in both sockets and they worked as they should...so only thing I can think is the Led Swithcbacks are faulty or it has something to do with the Led tailight's... I noticed the driver's side was slower on the turn signal in the rear with the LED's installed in the front verses the stock bulbs. At a loss on this one!!:banghead: Maybe a relay or something is necessary because again the hazards work flawlessly!!:nono:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My answer is always remove any trace of amber. It won’t ruin the housing, it will just be missing it. Just depends on what the owner likes. I will say this tho, not having an amber reflector is illegal in all 50 states, same with not having a side marker. But I’ve never been harassed for it in 20 years of amberless driving. Every vehicle Ive ever owner I removed the amber. But I’ve never lived in states with those strict vehicle yearly inspections.
you can just put a temporary one...

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
@05Single Well I trouble shot it to no avail!! I put the stock bulb back in both sockets and they worked as they should...so only thing I can think is the Led Swithcbacks are faulty or it has something to do with the Led tailight's... I noticed the driver's side was slower on the turn signal in the rear with the LED's installed in the front verses the stock bulbs. At a loss on this one!!:banghead: Maybe a relay or something is necessary because again the hazards work flawlessly!!:nono:
You have resistors ? You have fuse for flashers, and separate fuses for right and left signals

Ambitious02

Reaction score
You have resistors ? You have fuse for flashers, and separate fuses for right and left signals
Naw bro, no resistor's! I will go and check all fuses though. Stuff has been crazy at work so she got put on hold for a bit. Should have some time this week to get back on it tho! Thanks Bro!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues