Tahoe/Yukon Headlight Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That'd get the job done with a silverstar bulb or an LED that doesn't take up as much space - I think a V4 LED would run into the pesky frame assembly when you're trying to re-install the headlight housing ~could be wrong. A ribbon cooled LED might fit ok. Anyone run a low profile LED that clears?

Ran the silverstar ultras knowing while I waited on a set of HID's. The glare you'd expect from HID is focused well by the Depos and hit the targeted patch of road much better than the ultras. Go with a decent set of HID in my opinion. I'd otherwise try an LED that'll fit but halogen are just lame.

Last edited:

Cajun Jamie

Reaction score
SW Louisiana (originally) and DFW area presently
That'd get the job done with a silverstar bulb or an LED that doesn't take up as much space - I think a V4 LED would run into the pesky frame assembly when you're trying to re-install the headlight housing ~could be wrong. A ribbon cooled LED might fit ok. Anyone run a low profile LED that clears?

Ran the silverstar ultras knowing while I waited on a set of HID's. The glare you'd expect from HID is focused well by the Depos and hit the targeted patch of road much better than the ultras. Go with a decent set of HID in my opinion. I'd otherwise try an LED that'll fit but halogen are just lame.
Which HID's did you go with?

TP143

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are you guys using in the Yukon’s that could be done like the depo lights?

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Soulsea...been awhile since I've been around. Life has a funny way of distracting you from things that don't matter as much...lol.

This is a great write-up. I'm still rockin' the same retro. My Depo lenses need to be polished, but that's about the only complaint.

Xray70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally found a set of headlights I was comfortable with to replace my factory set. I got a pair of Spyder Projection headlights that have LED accents but uses all factory lights for headlights, DRL, signals and park/marker lights.
Install is wrapping up with no issues.
IMG_8888.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Finally found a set of headlights I was comfortable with to replace my factory set. I got a pair of Spyder Projection headlights that have LED accents but uses all factory lights for headlights, DRL, signals and park/marker lights.
View attachment 230993

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, looks like a face grinning.

Shovel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 230993

Looks great! Please post up when you get it all slapped together and let us know how's the light output.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs