Tahoe with 3/5..need help getting lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny_c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to get lower? I currently ha a McGaughys 3/5 drop with stock shocks. What is the most cost effective way to get the truvk lower. Any ideas or advise. Air bags are not an option. Mainly looking to get 1 inch in tthe front and about 3 in the rear.

OP
OP
D

Danny_c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have a specific brand or part number. I call McGaughys and belltech and DJM and they all said 3/5 is th elowest i can get my truck to. DJM has the worst what a douche i think he got mad when i told him i had Mcgaughy kit!

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
3/5 is the lowest kit but you have to run drop shocks to get the lowest

you have stock shocks right now keeping you from getting as low as possible

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im at a 3/5 on stock shocks...i just swapped shocks in back..they are just stock shocks from autozone, like 20 a piece...i have shock extenders..it rides like stock,they dont bottom out

Badluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do the free travel mod? I also called both companies and agree, they are no help.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do the free travel mod? I also called both companies and agree, they are no help.

free travel mod is the best mod imo..i bottomed out all the time and it rode like shit with it on bumpstops in rear..with the free travel mod and new stock shocks im happy

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
stock shocks in the rear
IMG_8535.jpg

no stock shocks
03-12-10_1539.jpg

bump stop cut, and drop shocks installed
IMG_8698.jpg

keep in mind there is a 1" body drop on that but I'm trying to show you that drop shocks make a difference

I was going to get some Belltechs for the rear
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...cks&canned_results_trigger=&partfamilyid=1882

but ended up getting some DJM's for free

I have these shocks for the front
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.a...cks&canned_results_trigger=&partfamilyid=1883

and all around it rides great!

OP
OP
D

Danny_c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thehoe92....mind give me a parts list of the parts you used? I have 22x9.5 rims with 285/35 tires will there be a problem? I also might switch to a 24x9 wheel in the future? any thoughts on that? im hoping that a narrower wheel might get me some clearance.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
with a 24x9 I almost want to say with a 295 you won't have ANY rubbing

I have a 24x10 on a 295/35/24 and it rubs a little in the front if I turn hard and have a lot of weight transfer going around a corner

they are Belltech Keys, Belltech 5305 Coils, DJM Drop Shocks (don't know the part number), and the second link in my last post are the shocks I'm running for the front

I really like how the Belltech Shocks ride, very smooth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork