Tahoe with 3/5..need help getting lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with a 24x9 I almost want to say with a 295 you won't have ANY rubbing

I have a 24x10 on a 295/35/24 and it rubs a little in the front if I turn hard and have a lot of weight transfer going around a corner

they are Belltech Keys, Belltech 5305 Coils, DJM Drop Shocks (don't know the part number), and the second link in my last post are the shocks I'm running for the front

I really like how the Belltech Shocks ride, very smooth

im just wondering why you had to go with drop shocks? I have the same drop but im on stock shocks..well i mean i swapped shocks..my orig shocks were the big HD towing shocks and they held the back up 1.5" more..these stock shocks are like 14" collapsed, so i still have about 3" of travel down, which at that point my axle would hit the frame and my tires would almost hit wheel well..

i have shock extenders as well, which may be the difference..

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

thehoe92....mind give me a parts list of the parts you used? I have 22x9.5 rims with 285/35 tires will there be a problem? I also might switch to a 24x9 wheel in the future? any thoughts on that? im hoping that a narrower wheel might get me some clearance.

just be sure on your backspacing and offset..

im on 24x10 with 295 and i get 0 rubbing now..i have the front plastic pulled back with a ziptie and trimmed a tiny bit..i also completely removed the plastic liners in the rear because they rubbed super bad..you cant tell a difference though

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
your guess is as good as mine nick in the first picture above I was running stock shocks on the Belltech coils with shock extenders and it wasn't resting on the bump stop, maybe I had the big HD towing shocks as well?

either way I would still recommend some aftermarket shocks for a better ride
stock is cool but theres always room for improvement

btw what are your fender measurements?

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your guess is as good as mine nick in the first picture above I was running stock shocks on the Belltech coils with shock extenders and it wasn't resting on the bump stop, maybe I had the big HD towing shocks as well?

either way I would still recommend some aftermarket shocks for a better ride
stock is cool but theres always room for improvement

btw what are your fender measurements?

ill have to check again, but i think im at 33.25 all around? maybe down to 33 in back now that the springs settled more with the new shocks..

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the mcgaughys rear 5 inch springs sit high compared to belltechs or djms.

you guys ive been lowering these trucks since 99 and done it all on static drops you can call me 24/7 with questions. over the last 10 plus years ive done well over 150 tahoes.

on 305 40 22 and rear djm kit with the traiblazer rear drop springs (much better ride than the other springs out there) dropped it to 31.75 on matt14s truck here that I did from ground to fenderlip

Here goes the link to the DJM Free Travel mod
http://djmsuspension.com/Articles new/FreeTravel.html

Last edited:

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im just wondering why you had to go with drop shocks? I have the same drop but im on stock shocks..well i mean i swapped shocks..my orig shocks were the big HD towing shocks and they held the back up 1.5" more..these stock shocks are like 14" collapsed, so i still have about 3" of travel down, which at that point my axle would hit the frame and my tires would almost hit wheel well..

i have shock extenders as well, which may be the difference..

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

just be sure on your backspacing and offset..

im on 24x10 with 295 and i get 0 rubbing now..i have the front plastic pulled back with a ziptie and trimmed a tiny bit..i also completely removed the plastic liners in the rear because they rubbed super bad..you cant tell a difference though

did u install new bumpstops? I have the Mcgaughys 3/5 as well and the rear rides like crap with mcgaughys shocks! My friend mentioned I could add shock extenders.....which I may do since ur running them and like them.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
did u install new bumpstops? I have the Mcgaughys 3/5 as well and the rear rides like crap with mcgaughys shocks! My friend mentioned I could add shock extenders.....which I may do since ur running them and like them.

are you running the new trailing arm bracket and swaybar brackets. That helps a lot. with the kits i do 5 inches in rear i just run the new trailing arm brackets/swaybar brackets and shorter shocks and its good to go.

OP
OP
D

Danny_c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
are you running the new trailing arm bracket and swaybar brackets. That helps a lot. with the kits i do 5 inches in rear i just run the new trailing arm brackets/swaybar brackets and shorter shocks and its good to go.

I did not do the install i had some shop do it. Not that im not qualified i just dont have the tools and space. I tried contacting you before but you never pick up....im out in cali so the area code might weird you out. They just installed whatever comes in the 3/5 kit i didnt buy any thing separate. What keys do i need to get the front down 1 more inch? The rear i was totally going to do the air bag kit from air ride technologies for 700 dollars but then i found out that its just the bags and i would have to buy compressor and fittting and lines and contollers all separate so i tossed that idea. Now i just want to get the lower rear the cheapest way. Im going to switch to 24" wheels cuz i want wheel to fender gap to be minimal as possible.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ill call you now send me your number in pm. If im at work i dont get reception due to where my shop is. But if you leave voicemail i allways call back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts