Tahoe rear door seal issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

number9

Reaction score
The wife's '19 Tahoe has issue often when kids close rear doors (mainly the RH door), it seems to drag on something and not close smooth. We've realized it's the door seal rubber that runs over the wheel well hump, right next to your hip if you're sitting in the RH seat. It's the rubber seal that meets up with the plastic interior. If you thump it a couple times with your hand, the door closes smoothly. It's not coming out of place more than 1/8-1/4" at most.

Anyone else have this issue and find a permanent fix?

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this exact same issue. Drivers side rear door seal slips down towards the wheel well and I constantly push it back up.
I might try using some adhesive or something. Curious to what others chime in with..

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
3M weatherstrip adhesive is a great product. If what you need is to hold it in place without slipping.

^^^ This. The 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive is great stuff. If you use it be sure to read the instructions and let it tack up for a bit before mating the surfaces.

OP
OP
N

number9

Reaction score
Well, I let addressing this issue slip and it has now worn a slot thru the seal about 2” long.

What I think is happening is when people get out of the back seat, they’re dragging their **** over the weather strip which causes it to come out of place about 1/8” - 1/4” and that’s enough to allow the door panel to rub it when the door is opened / closed.

Think I’ll slip a piece of 3M double sided trim tape under it to keep it nailed down.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I let addressing this issue slip and it has now worn a slot thru the seal about 2” long.

What I think is happening is when people get out of the back seat, they’re dragging their **** over the weather strip which causes it to come out of place about 1/8” - 1/4” and that’s enough to allow the door panel to rub it when the door is opened / closed.

Think I’ll slip a piece of 3M double sided trim tape under it to keep it nailed down.
Mine does this too, BUT no one uses the rear driver door except for a baby in a seat. I grabbed a pea sized drop of silicone in between weather strip and door by the wheel and it hasn’t fallen yet. At the same time the T in TAHOE on the door fell off glued that on too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino