tahoe no oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We did all of that. still nothing. It's for me confused

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have a mechanical Guage on it and replaced the screen as well. Still nothing. I did start it finally after cranking it over and over and over and revved it up to 3000rpm and Guage shot up to 20psi for a second then when I let off the accelerator it drops to 0.

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So new oil pump new ouch up tube with o ring new screen mechanical Guage still no oil pressure at the top of the motor did get 20 psi after I started it and revved it up to 3000rpm but when I let off the accelerator it drops to 0. I cannot figure this out also put in a new vlom

Reaction score
Have you pulled the valve covers and checked that all the pushrods and lifters appear to be ok?

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That used engine prob has bad cam bearings or bad main bearings... therefore no
oil pressure.
If you started it up or even cranked it a lot before you primed the new pump the correct way
as mentioned before, You may have ruined the new pump and the used engine...
Sorry

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, what oil filter are you using..???? Maybe you have a clogged filter or a bad one..
Anything IS possible here... Just trying to help

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never turned it over before priming the new pump.

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was just told to try changing the filter. We have an acdelco filter in it now. I was thinking of changing the filter and doing an engine flush then draining it and changing the filter and oil again

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also did pull the valve covers and all the lifters and push rods appear to be OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts