tahoe no oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a2013 chevy tahoe 5.3 blew the engine. purchased a used engine or it in stayed it up and no oil pressure on the guage.I dint want to blow this engine up what do I do??

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a2013 chevy tahoe 5.3 blew the engine. purchased a used engine or it in stayed it up and no oil pressure on the guage.I dint want to blow this engine up what do I do??

First off, you posted in the 2021+ section instead of the 2007-2014 section. Will need to see if a mod can get this moved.

(@07Burb @soulsea @NathanJax)

No offense, but your post isn’t the clearest. I’m guessing you said you blew a motor, replaced the motor and now the new motor is showing no oil pressure.

Who installed the motor?
Was the motor confirmed to be in good solid running condition when it was purchased?
Did the motor come with the oil pump installed?
Did you confirm that the o-ring on the pickup tube was good?
Is there oil showing on the dip stick?
Is the oil pressure sensor plugged in?

If there is oil in the oil pan, get an analog oil pressure gauge and see for sure where you’re at for oil pressure.

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First off, you posted in the 2021+ section instead of the 2007-2014 section. Will need to see if a mod can get this moved.

No offense, but your post isn’t the clearest. I’m guessing you said you blew a motor, replaced the motor and now the new motor is showing no oil pressure.

Who installed the motor?
Was the motor confirmed to be in good solid running condition when it was purchased?

If there is oil in the oil pan, get an analog oil pressure gauge and see for sure where you’re at for oil pressure.

Who installed the motor?

I purchased a used engine from a auto salvage yard that said it was in good working order when they took it out. They ship used engines daily. We installed a new oil pump when we installed the engine And a new pick up tube oil and oil filter oil pressure sensor is new and all wires are connected.

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes we purchased a used engine from a salvage yard that ships used engines daily. We installed a new oil pump, oil pick up tube, filter, oil , oil sensor, checked the screen on the oil pressure sensor and the wiring and still no oil pressure. Bought a oil pressure test kit today and going to remove the oil pressure sensor and hook it up next to see if it reads anything. Is there something I'm missing or what could it be

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it running with no oil pressure? or are you cranking it looking for oil pressure? If you didn't prime the pump it will never get oil pressure cranking it.

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WE STARTED TO JUST CRANK IT OVER WITHOUT IT FIRING. then started it and no oil pressure. How am I supposed to prime it. We cranked it over quite a few times without it firing to try to prove it. Is there a certain way to get it to prove

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
WE STARTED TO JUST CRANK IT OVER WITHOUT IT FIRING. then started it and no oil pressure. How am I supposed to prime it. We cranked it over quite a few times without it firing to try to prove it. Is there a certain way to get it to prove
is there a certain way to get it to prime

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who installed the motor?

moved

OP
OP
T

tneels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it running with no oil pressure? or are you cranking it looking for oil pressure? If you didn't prime the pump it will never get oil pressure cranking it.
how do you prime the oil pump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3