Straight pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please, for the love of god. Do not straight pipe your truck. Cutting off your cat's and mufflers will cause nothing but problems for you. Not to mention it's going to be redneck annoying loud and the possible harrasment from police in your area.

You will kill your backpressure. You will have a power loss accross the board, you can fail emissions if you have them. Your CEL will be on for 02 sensors. And it's just plain redneck/ghetto trash to do.

Buy yourself a nice, free flowing muffler and high flow cats if you want. Magnaflow, Borla, Dynomax and others are good choices. I have 2 flowmaster 40's right now on my Silverado. I had a 40 on my Tahoe. Looking back, I wish the Tahoe had something different. I'm replacing the flowcrappers with a Dynomax exhaust system later this year on my Silverado

If you want sound clips, I'll post some tonight when I get home from work. Or PM me for them

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People say that you dont get drone with a magnaflow. I've had three exhaust setups since i've had my truck (4 years). First it was a magnaflow 21inch with the x-crossover built in. it was dual in dual out. Second it was just a change of muffler. I changed to a flowmaster 50 series, still dual in dual out. Third its now got longtube headers to 3 inch piping to a y-pipe to connect both sides of the piping to a single in single out 50 series delta flow flowmaster. then a 3.5 inch tailpipe with a 4 inch tip out the side. Out of all them, the magnaflow was the worst for drone. Everyone that sat in the truck said it sounded like, "a white trash hillbilly truck." It was ridiculously loud! the 50 was much quieter!! now its back to loud but its not super loud with the newest setup.
I know its a long confusing read... sorry

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey not only white people like loud ass trucks:(

Loud ass trucks are just billgoat trailer park fab. Getting rid of your cat's and muffler "because is sounds better" is the most retarded thing you can do. Replacing your cat's and muffler to free flowing is the best thing you can do.

If you really want a "loud ass truck", get some long tubes, high flow cat's, high flowing muffler, and a cut out. Run 3 inch pipe all the way back. It will be loud, you will gain horsepower/torque, and you can pass most state emissions with it. Also, adding a high lift cam will help also

Another thing. Adding a "dual" exhaust is pointless from how I see it. A single pipe is all that's needed when built correctly IMO

You still will get pulled over more than likely, but at least it will be built correctly. Just keep your foot out of the throttle when you see police lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar