Straight pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sam_hughes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,
alright so ive got a 96 2 door hoe, "the ***** tank". My plans are to get true dual straight pipes with 4" 45* tips. My main question is how bad is the cab drone? I owned an 04 land rover with a flowmaster super 44 and the drone was almost unbearable...
thanks guys

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I know what you mean, the straight pipe on my old subaru was really annoying sometimes, but man did it sound sweet bouncing off the rev limiter.

Put cut outs on it. That's what I'm going to put on mine some day. Best of both worlds.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean, the straight pipe on my old subaru was really annoying sometimes, but man did it sound sweet bouncing off the rev limiter.

Put cut outs on it. That's what I'm going to put on mine some day. Best of both worlds.

if you do this x2 but IMO im not a fan of straight pipes , i would just go for a magnaflow exhaust dual out

psfr311

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have straight pipes and from the front of the vehicle the drone isn't bad(or maybe I'm just used to it).

But I've been told if your in the back seat it's really loud

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flowmaster super 44

Flowmaster, aka Dronemaster. I have the 50 series in mine and I can not wait to get rid of it. It's ok when the engine isn't loaded up, but put any kind of stress on it and my ears begin to ring, I can't imagine what the 40 or super 44 are like.

My buddy in high school had a late 90's Chevy with the 350 with straight pipes, and I can't recall it being too noisy inside. Back then I didn't really care, I thought it sounded awesome, but I don't recall any kind of drone inside.

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting dual straight pipes on my 99 Yukon. Are there any risks to be concerned about?
Thanks!

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
second thread of strait pipes tonight lol , first no risks. if your strait piping after cats but depending on your state it might fail emissions if you cut your cats off and local law enforcement attention will be drawn ,for noise , however me personally i pefer a magnaflow exhaust. doesnt drown out radio at cruise but sounds good when i get on it

clownracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have straight pipes and from the front of the vehicle the drone isn't bad(or maybe I'm just used to it).

But I've been told if your in the back seat it's really loud

this straitpipes and a 454 are not too bad up front....sounds naaaasty outside

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ive got 40s n it sounda good but im gonna dump it and cut the cat out . Should sound alot better if not ill rip the 4 out and make a straight pipe then add a flame thrower kit;)

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
second thread of strait pipes tonight lol , first no risks. if your strait piping after cats but depending on your state it might fail emissions if you cut your cats off and local law enforcement attention will be drawn ,for noise , however me personally i pefer a magnaflow exhaust. doesnt drown out radio at cruise but sounds good when i get on it

Yeah I definitely didn't notice the other thread. Sorry about that. But as far as risks I've read that you lose all of your backpressure as well as your low to mid range torque. Is this true?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts