New Guy. My Hoe & What I want it to be.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .02

Pick a direction, prioritize what you want based on smiles per dollar and work at it one goal at a time.

As far as performance, do intake/exhaust and a BB tune in my opinion. The intake and exhaust won't make as big of a difference to you until you get the tune. Once you've done those, you can decide if you want more.

Suspension, get the bilsteins since the truck needs them anyway, then decide if you want more from the various lift/level combos around the forum.

Other stuff, just make it yours work in a direction on one aspect until you're satisfied, then work on another aspect.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the TYF.

Moved this thread from the intro section to here and removed the duplicate.

OP
OP
U

Ulak34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just my .02

Pick a direction, prioritize what you want based on smiles per dollar and work at it one goal at a time.

As far as performance, do intake/exhaust and a BB tune in my opinion. The intake and exhaust won't make as big of a difference to you until you get the tune. Once you've done those, you can decide if you want more.

Suspension, get the bilsteins since the truck needs them anyway, then decide if you want more from the various lift/level combos around the forum.

Other stuff, just make it yours work in a direction on one aspect until you're satisfied, then work on another aspect.

Yeah, After replying I see that I am all over the place. Next thing to do is make a list of necessary things needed first and do that. Suspension, Tires, Etc. If I go Billstein & keep it stock height is that good? I don't want to raise nor lower, I like where it sits stock.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, After replying I see that I am all over the place. Next thing to do is make a list of necessary things needed first and do that. Suspension, Tires, Etc. If I go Billstein & keep it stock height is that good? I don't want to raise nor lower, I like where it sits stock.
Yeah, that's fine if that's what you want.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Read the many Build Threads and get (or refine) an idea of what you want to do to your truck based on your needs, desires and budget.

Couple things that are no-brainers:

1. Ensure all belts, hoses, fluids, bushings and major systems are clean and tight.
  2. Get a Blackbear Performance (BBP) tune. :cool:

OP
OP
U

Ulak34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome!

Read the many Build Threads and get (or refine) an idea of what you want to do to your truck based on your needs, desires and budget.

Couple things that are no-brainers:

1. Ensure all belts, hoses, fluids, bushings and major systems are clean and tight.
  2. Get a Blackbear Performance (BBP) tune. :cool:

Yeah, Currently saving and fixing to replace all the "No brainers" :Yuno:

What is a Blackbear's primary focus though? does it just add speed or will it do multiple things like the Bullydog claims to do?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

What is a Blackbear's primary focus though? does it just add speed or will it do multiple things like the Bullydog claims to do?

Forget about your Bullydog nonsense. Justin at blackbear can do ANYTHING you could possibly need.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BBP will optimize fuel/air delivery, shift points, torque management, etc. Make your truck a joy to drive.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always better to let some experienced people do it! Plus I think that's cool. You guys are kind of bartering. Way to be!
I have a close fsmily friwnd thats been working on my denali since i bought it. He's a genius mechanic and not he works for the jeep shop. The owners love him so that's why I have such a good relationship with them. Yeah we barter all the time. It works out perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts