Straight pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I definitely didn't notice the other thread. Sorry about that. But as far as risks I've read that you lose all of your backpressure as well as your low to mid range torque. Is this true?

yes it is , straight piping doesnt add any horsepower at all , personally i think you will see better results with a good exhaust system

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Bs my old ram had no muflers and could tow like nobodys buisness

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm finding all sorts of mixed opinions, some people say that backpressure is no more than a myth. I'd really like to find out the truth.

I've still got the stock exhaust on my yukon. I was just thinking of going with the straight pipes since it is cheap.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Do it you will get 02 sensor problems tho but just make a dummy 02 so the sensor sees clean air

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
There should be an 02 after the muffler. Dont know because mine is obd1 but the silvi i have is a 96 and has new exuast with magnaflows and still had the 02 problem...

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
There are 2 after cat oxygen sensors.

I think black bear can delete them for you.

stereodesigner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
96 5.7 with no cats haven't had a problem with read o2 sensors yet when I fill up this week I will record change in MPG b4 and after cat removal

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm finding all sorts of mixed opinions, some people say that backpressure is no more than a myth. I'd really like to find out the truth.

I've still got the stock exhaust on my yukon. I was just thinking of going with the straight pipes since it is cheap.

It really depends on the engine as far as backpressure goes.

I don't think you will have any problems on a vortec 350.

Crowder99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dylan, I appreciate the help. Once I get them installed I'll be sure to post pics.

And thank you everyone else for your input as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar