Sprint booster detectable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these Sprint Boosters leave any kind of footprint behind after they are removed? I know, I know, snake oil, get a tune Blah blah blah. I don't want to possibly give up my warranty by tuning it yet, and I don't want to fight with GM if they find it's been tuned. I just would like a more traditional feel to the throttle. Both my recent Tahoe's have a lazy throttle with the 5.3 and this seems like it would help that out. I think there is more to it than you getting the same result by just mashing your pedal to the floor quicker. I have seen a few videos showing how quick the throttle plate opens stock and with this thing hooked up and there is a difference no matter how quick you floor it stock. They don't have it as being compatible with 19/20's on their website yet and they haven't responded if it's traceable so far. Thank You in advance if someone can answer my question.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible with these computer controlled throttles. The Sprintbooster literally remaps the system to put 100% of the available throttle into the first ~40% of the pedal movement. Certainly that could be recorded.

Having said that, it would be pretty hard for GM to deny warranty coverage on the presence of a Sprintbooster, because the unit does nothing you could not do yourself by mashing the pedal more aggressively. That's my opinion.

Personally I tried a Sprintbooster on a BMW 5 series I had. The unit did exactly what it claimed to do, but it felt weird to me and I took it off. YMMV.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these Sprint Boosters leave any kind of footprint behind after they are removed? I know, I know, snake oil, get a tune Blah blah blah. I don't want to possibly give up my warranty by tuning it yet, and I don't want to fight with GM if they find it's been tuned. I just would like a more traditional feel to the throttle. Both my recent Tahoe's have a lazy throttle with the 5.3 and this seems like it would help that out. I think there is more to it than you getting the same result by just mashing your pedal to the floor quicker. I have seen a few videos showing how quick the throttle plate opens stock and with this thing hooked up and there is a difference no matter how quick you floor it stock. They don't have it as being compatible with 19/20's on their website yet and they haven't responded if it's traceable so far. Thank You in advance if someone can answer my question.
the gas peddle is tuned for saving fuel it's not the old sensor type 5up and 5 down that is used on the GMT800 series
(those sucked badly and had 1/2 to 3/4 second input lag time)

read the manual it tells you how it works... more then likely it's the same used on the GMT900 hybrid....

it has a Super Econ (DFCO ) , Econ mode and Power mode . that is the system it's built around... you will get used to it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess reading the manual would probably be a good idea lol. I used to read them from cover to cover whenever I bought a new vehicle but now I haven't been doing that as it seems filled with a bunch of warnings and what not that are pretty obvious to me. I will check it out.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the gas peddle is tuned for saving fuel it's not the old sensor type 5up and 5 down that is used on the GMT800 series
(those sucked badly and had 1/2 to 3/4 second input lag time)

read the manual it tells you how it works... more then likely it's the same used on the GMT900 hybrid....

it has a Super Econ (DFCO ) , Econ mode and Power mode . that is the system it's built around... you will get used to it
I wonder if people think the way they write. I hope not but the world tells me they do.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if people think the way they write. I hope not but the world tells me they do.
only way to hit tighter EPA regulations on the mileage
what part of it don't you understand

they changed the way it works to help meet the newer requirements...

your just not used to it you might have been coming from the old system on the GMT800s or a vehicle with the "legacy system".

the configuration and response is different post 2007 model year yes i have test driven late models as well they are exactly the same feel. there is nothing wrong with it

it's not broken..

I driven many different GM cars and trucks/suvs

I test drove a chevy colorado, spark,volt Tahoes (several of them from 2007 to 2011 years...)
owned 2004 silverado and 2003 impala ,Tahoe 2009 XFE (returned) and my current 2008 tahoe

Cadillac XLR on loaner , 2006 silverado on loaner

as well as many other various vehicles such as toyota corolla, honda civic (two different model years) honda accord Chrysler 200..

The throttle response is true correct compared to the old first gen electronic throttle legacy system

the 2007 or higher( some older models have the newer system 2004+ excl GMT800) ,

the INPUT lag (time it takes for it to do anything) is near zero

while the GMT800 has too much input time on the brake and throttle system.. The risk of an accident is SIGNIFICANTLY higher :eek: because of that

compared to the gmt900 or higher...

get a OBD reader and you can see the throttle data it will help you adjust your self to it

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck if you use it if you get caught with it in a accident, your in trouble.... it will be logged on the computer and Stored with On*

even if you remove the device the data will not be consistent with a normal data from other vehicles not sure if dealers can pull the onstar data that is also collected if they suspect something like that was used

they record at lest 30 seconds or more(might have changed to 1-3min on newer models)

They will know when they pull the freeze frame data From the Check Engine Code it shows the throttle position in the OBD data... if your going 30MPH with 50% throttle position they will know.. the calculated

throttle position is 31.8-32.5% at 35MPH cursing speed.. in D

unless you have a tool to modify the freeze frame data stored in the ECM, you would be screwed..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trouble with Who? Why would I be in trouble if I were in an accident if I were not speeding or recklessly driving? If I'm driving 30 mph within a 35 mph speed zone at half throttle and someone hits me who am I in trouble with? Just curious of the thinking here. If you're talking about GM detecting it then I understand I will possibly be in trouble with my warranty. If it's any other kind of trouble then I don't get it.

Last edited: