Sprint booster detectable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trouble with Who? Why would I be in trouble if I were in an accident if I were not speeding or recklessly driving? If I'm driving 30 mph within a 35 mph speed zone at half throttle and someone hits me who am I in trouble with? Just curious of the thinking here.
they shift the blame to you duh

they will just claim you were using it for street racing , that is why you had the device installed

that is the only reason to have it
racing/track use also voids the warranty

if you want more power upgrade the rear end with something more beefed up 4.10 ratio or something or shorter(smaller) tires...

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm not street racing they can't convict me of street racing. I don't want more power out of something like this device, I was interested in a more responsive throttle. I can live with it the way it is but I would prefer the feel of a direct cable or linkage which is what I have driven the majority of my lifetime. This seemed like a simple device that might move the feel of the vehicle in that direction. If I am obeying the law at the moment someone hits me I am doing nothing wrong and that is what would stand up in a court of law if it ever came to that. By that logic anyone that has any performance modifications to their vehicle will be automatically convicted of racing in any accident anytime they are driving their modified vehicle. I'm not a lawyer but I don't believe that is how the law works. I actually think what you're talking about here with the stored settings after a crash would help solidify the fact that a person was only driving 30 mph and prevent you from being falsely accused of racing or reckless driving no matter what mods you had. That's my opinion. Again, I don't know if your talking about GM or the authorities. Why would GM have access to crash data when servicing your vehicle? I am confused. Forget it, I doubt I will buy the device anyway, I was just curious about it.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be willing to bet, from a legal stand point, absolutely nothing.
it will void the warranty... if you did not read above they collect ECM data via 4G Lte when the engine is running.... they know how the vehicle is driven...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brent you are being ridiculous the only reason anyone would ever pull crash data from the airbag control module (where this data is stored) would be if you got in a accident and killed someone and got sued/blamed for it and then fought it in court yada yada, even getting that data would take a court order. Yes on the newer vehicles a crash report can be sent to onstar for emergency services but it ends there. they aren't sending data to your dealer in order to void your warranty if they were everyone with any "warranty voiding mods" would be screwed and it would be all over the internet. this isn't 1984 YET

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most haters fall victim to thinking all throttle controllers are trash bc they "dont add any power" not realizing this is but one reason why SB doesnt void your factory warranty and/or "just mash the gas to get same effect" which is not only a pain in the *** and douchy but its just plain wrong.

Sprint booster does NOT increase peak horsepower. It does not add any Hp thus zero effect on the powertrain whatsoever unlike a tune, headers, exhaust, SC etc. *This is another reason why SB doesn't void your warranty because no extra power. It just opens the throttle faster regardless of how fast you hit the gas. Dont believe me. Go to a stop light. Mash the gas with it off. Then do it again but in race mode level 9 and tell me what happens (chirp tires or quick tire roast).

?

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your question?
No question really. You used a lot of words to say the same thing I said - SprintBoosters add no power, they just map the entirety of the throttle control to a smaller portion of the pedal travel. You implied I was "douchy" because I said you could get the same throttle effect by mashing the pedal aggressively all the way as you could by pressing it somewhat less with a SprintBooster on it.

Prove me wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr